• Songs
  • The Measure of Love - a new original song (p.3)
2016/02/24 13:37:56
batsbrew
cool moving groove..
it's laid back and moving forward at the same time...
nice mix.... i'd love to hear just a little more bottom on the kick, to lock in with the cool bass tone.
agree with james, eq on voice, just on CERTAIN passages, is a bit weighty...

which makes me wonder about a thing i never do....
and that's automate EQ.
just an idea...
2016/02/24 14:54:42
mikebeam
Love the Theramin-type sound at 1:17!
2016/02/24 20:21:33
daryl1968
dcumpian
You've got a really good song here Daryl! Nice job building that rhythm section, parts of it remind me of the Thompson Twins, which can be a good or bad thing, depending on how you feel about them,

Nice BGV, and interesting touches throughout keep everything humming along.

Regards,
Dan

Thanks Dan. I quite liked Thompson Twins but please don't tell anyone ☺
2016/02/25 14:03:19
stevec
Them's some really good quality electro-synth-pop.   

It's got your signature sound, which as always is crystal clear and balanced.   One of things I liked best was actually the soft vocal harmonies on the chorus.  Wide and spacious, but never overpowering.  

2016/02/25 17:14:27
daryl1968
Mesh
Very cool song and catchy tune. Your mixes are......well you know......damn good mate!!
At the very start of the song, is that a sub from the drums? Whatever it is, I like it.... 
Well done mate!!

Thanks Mesh me old mate.
Yes it's just a little bit of weirdness just for the hell of it :)
2016/02/26 11:19:48
daryl1968
batsbrew
cool moving groove..
it's laid back and moving forward at the same time...
nice mix.... i'd love to hear just a little more bottom on the kick, to lock in with the cool bass tone.
agree with james, eq on voice, just on CERTAIN passages, is a bit weighty...

which makes me wonder about a thing i never do....
and that's automate EQ.
just an idea...

Thanks Bats - yeah, weird on the voice - I hear it too - I will go back and look at it.
2016/02/26 11:36:41
batsbrew
daryl1968

Thanks Bats - yeah, weird on the voice - I hear it too - I will go back and look at it.

I THINK...
it's just a little bit of proximity effect.

you could try the HPF and if you already have it, maybe raise it up a bit..
or
try automation on the eq, just where you hear it happen.
that would be very transparent
2016/02/26 18:40:43
Leizer
Now I know! You sound like the Pet shop boys singer, specially in the darker regions! You should definitely do a PSB cover...
Great sounding drums (the intro mmmm...), bass, vocals. Love all background blip blop sounds. Maybe there is one chorus too much. Or perhaps is it because I listened twice.
And the usual: mix is perfect.
2016/02/27 07:48:12
daryl1968
mikebeam
Love the Theramin-type sound at 1:17!

Thanks Mike
2016/02/27 12:10:16
gtrpastor
First of all, I appreciate the lyrics--the depth of love rather than shallow sentimentalism. It's kinda catchy, which is good. Everything seems to sit well in the mix. I particularly like how you did the vocals. I'm not sure what, if any effects, you used on them, but I think they sound great.

One thing that sort of sticks out is the clap sound. It seems like it should be more subtle to my ear. But that might be the cheap speakers I'm using right now. I didn't read the other comments, so if nobody else commented on that you could just ignore it.

All in all a nice song and a nice mix. Thanks for posting.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account