2008/07/15 07:31:50
SteveStrummerUK
Hey Grant, your smiley has been moved to the 'Grinning Inanely' forum!!

Edit - it's back!! The link must have been down.

2008/08/01 21:27:06
pistolpete

ORIGINAL: pistolpete

Maybe someday cakewalk will make this a sticky thread. In the meantime, I guess I'll have to manually do it.

Maybe someday cakewalk will make this a sticky thread. In the meantime, I guess I'll have to manually do it.
2008/08/01 22:02:51
SteveStrummerUK

I'm missing something incredibly clever or side-splittingly funny here aren't I Pete

Am I?

Either that or you just quoted yourself twice but you were too dumb to get your name or the hilarious smiley into the second one

It's not that difficult:

I am so thick I have to walk through the door sideways.

But you Strummy are great - you are my idol - I think your songs are brilliant and your quick witted dry British humour is to die for

2008/08/05 07:45:41
jsykes

This is either a serious defect or just a case of a simple tweak. I had a new install of the software and there was a noticable delay in the sound in the playback when using any of the built-in effects or simulators. .....

Dude: Are you still on this? I haven't looked in this forum for months and you are still griping about this?

I must have recorded 10 complete songs with six tracks each with 5 effects each without a single latency problem.

Get a new soundcard for Chrissakes already. You can't make filet mingnon out of flank steak.
2008/08/30 23:33:19
pistolpete
Believe it or not jsykes, they never fixed it.
2008/08/31 00:47:24
RobertB
There's nothing to fix. With proper hardware, it's fine.
The software is only part of a system. If there is a weak link in the system, it will be revealed in overall performance.
The weak link is not your software, it's your hardware. Like it or not, that's the facts. Minimal hardware yields minimal performance. Get a sound card.
2008/08/31 09:22:52
SteveStrummerUK

ORIGINAL: RobertB

Get a sound card.

Hey Bob - believe it or not the buffoon finally bit the bullet and got a TonePort - LOL!!!

He bought it just before his last world tour I remember him telling me
2008/08/31 09:27:48
pistolpete
There is still a latency issue with GT3, no matter what soundcard you use.

Bob will never admit it because he has a closed mind.
2008/08/31 09:30:35
SteveStrummerUK

There is inherent latency in every part of your signal chain.

What you do about it and/or what you're prepared to live with is up the individual.
2008/09/07 21:13:06
pistolpete
But the code remains inefficient.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account