2011/12/22 21:39:54
EmajorBlues
This post is really useful, and much appreciated. I'm still struggling however to get to grips with this. All I want is for play, stop and record to work and for everything else to be assignable to what ever parameter i desire in my project. But i can't seem to get it to work?

Can some explain to me what I would need to do to get this to work?

I've tried assigning my knobs/sliders to 'un-specified cc's' but to no avail, I'm actually pretty sure APRO EDITOR isn't transimitting correctly.

If I try and replace Control Map 1 - 'cubase solo' with everything un-assigned (a tester) after transmission, L1 is still assigned to the same CC that it was before transmission which suggests it hasn't 'over-written' it at all.

I hope you can help

Regards

-EDIT

Ok so after much fiddling and faffing, I've discovered that my APRO isn't communicating with the APRO Editor. But using and ignoring your advice I'm doing it on the APRO instead and using the manual( ^^). it works like a charm, everything is editable. I havn't saved it as of yet but for now... It's 4am and I'm a happy bunny.

Regards
2012/09/24 22:24:56
jeekem
Thank you very much, dmbaer.  Your post has been a big help.
2012/10/19 13:08:48
Splat
This works as per cakewalk documentation...

Controller Surface Settings:

Controller surface = A-PRO
Input Port = A-PRO 2
Output Port = A-PRO
2012/10/26 12:44:23
entertain70
Why can't I store the Midichannel for Upper? When I change to Lower (stored zu Ch. 16) and then back to Upper it always jumps back to Ch.1 - i want it to be Ch.15! Very bad for using it live!
2013/02/22 19:05:34
XCLTM3
I've followed the instructions (as far as I can tell) to the letter. (via A-Pro Editor)

I've assigned MIDI Controller 11 (Expression) to Slider 1 & MIDI Controller 7 (Volume) to Slider 2 on the A Pro 800.

Saved the Settings as "SONAR X1 MIDI".

Assigned the Input/Output Ports as per manual.

A-Pro Editor shows the correct assignment (Options > Show Messages)

Transmitted the data to A-Pro successfully.

However, when in SONAR X1, I record some strings for say 30 seconds.

Then go back and record movements in S1 (CC-11), and whilst I see the movements being recorded in SONAR X1 - after I complete recording the Slider movements and go to Piano Roll View, it is shown as MIDI Control 73?

Slider 2 (CC -7) is shown as MIDI Control 75?

Can anyone clarify/assit please?

Rgds,

2013/02/23 18:42:49
XCLTM3
Please disregard above post....I've finally made a breakthrough and got CC11 & CC7 working.......

Rgds,

2013/02/24 00:31:26
icontakt
I don't know if this is mentioned in the original post (it's too long for me to read as I already learned how to properly use A-800PRO after countless communication with Roland), but choose "A-PRO1" from the Input pull-down menu on all MIDI tracks in Sonar. If you choose "All Inputs" or "None" thinking its more convenient, you have the chance of unintentionally control some parameter in your soft synth, Korg M1 for example, assigned to that MIDI track (because you are allowing not only A-PRO 1 but also A-PRO 2 to affect the track). 
2013/02/24 17:59:05
XCLTM3
Jlien X

I don't know if this is mentioned in the original post (it's too long for me to read as I already learned how to properly use A-800PRO after countless communication with Roland), but choose "A-PRO1" from the Input pull-down menu on all MIDI tracks in Sonar. If you choose "All Inputs" or "None" thinking its more convenient, you have the chance of unintentionally control some parameter in your soft synth, Korg M1 for example, assigned to that MIDI track (because you are allowing not only A-PRO 1 but also A-PRO 2 to affect the track). 

Thx for the tip!

Rgds,

2013/03/08 10:25:29
FCCfirstclass
dmbaer;

Thanks a heep for the post on the A Pro Settings.  I have been trying to make it work in X2, now X2a since October and I admit I haven't had the time to spend.  Everything is working now.

Clint
2013/03/20 07:11:18
FCCfirstclass
Bump
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account