2013/11/12 15:51:19
FCCfirstclass
One more bump for X3c.
2013/12/05 16:06:26
FCCfirstclass
bump for new users
2014/03/09 09:53:38
Schafe
Thank you and a bump for this very informative thread.
2014/10/21 07:40:13
FCCfirstclass
A bump for any users of the A Pro Keyboards.
2015/11/29 12:22:25
micv
Just got an APro and I'm glad to have found this thread, I experienced the exact issues.  I have a few questions related to mapping in ACT:
1) Is there a way to 'clear' a mapping for a controller or a file where you can go in and edit?  There isn't a 'blank' template so I had to reassign (overwrite) the controllers but sometimes I can sometimes I can't. Like R9, Slider9, and most Pads.  Since there are no buttons (besides the transport) I try to use pads as buttons and this is where I'm having the most issues.
2) I use the pads as buttons but they seems to behave like 'match'. When a pad doesn't seems to do anything, I have to toggle that app's button on (or off) and then the pad would work.  Is there a way to change this to behave like a switch?
3) When Sonar ACT first started, the pads are not working, I have to change it to "as notes" and then back to "as buttons" to activate.  Is this a bug or is there a setting?
4) Since B1-B4 are factory 'bank' switches, is there a way for the user to map those to 'custom' banks?  or use these button to get additional sliders/rotaries.  I think some hardware has bank button to activate another set of rotary/slider/button. So far I found fx, Synth, and utils are not useful. 
2015/11/29 13:51:42
azslow3
2015/11/29 20:36:01
micv
Still trying to digest.  For Sonar ACT Editor from MarKo, are you limited to those included plug-ins library or can you 'point' it to the Sonar act file and have it 'decodes' the mapping? 
2015/11/30 02:34:06
micv
ACT Editor.  I think I'm getting somewhere but no where.  I understand how ACT Editor works now, it zero'ed out the sonaract.xml file, and made backup and edited the genericpluginparams.xml file.  After making the edits, and verified that the changes made it to the genericpluginparams.xml file, still Sonar still behaves as if nothing has changed.  As if it has another configuration elsewhere. 
I'm using the A500Pro, the ACT button is on automatically (when Sonar starts) and map is defaulted to whatever the Apro/Sonar mapping is, not sure if this is the issue or not.
This ACT stuff is more headaches than I thought.
2015/11/30 05:04:22
azslow3
For ACT Editor:
1) Sonar should be restarted so changes in editor produce any effect
2) Either Sonar should not produce any changes on exit (no ACT learn during whole session, no new plug-ins (which have no mapping at all) inserted during whole session) or the configuration in editor should be saved after Sonar exist (with time I have found that less confusing).

If you have severe broken mapping (and that happens periodically), the editor can not work with it correctly. Remove relevant sections from the fail manually, let Sonar recreate them (by focusing the plug-in) and start Editor again.

There is quite some confusion what "ACT" is. There is ACT Map between "virtual controller" (S1, B4, R7, etc) and VST parameters (but not for track volume or other Sonar parameters). And there is common term to describe (surface dependent) way to communicate with Sonar Control Surface API in general. The first post in this thread leans toward the second meaning.
2015/11/30 13:18:48
micv
Alexey, really appreciate your help.  I think I know where the issue is and beginning to see what is going on, although I don't know how to fix it yet.
At this time all I want to do is to map the parameters that I want to use to the controller
After using ACT Editor, the ACT map is now laid out. I verified by using Sonar's ACT Controller's properties and as I turn the knobs/sliders on the software I see the correct parameters change in the ACT properties. So far so good.
The issue is how to get that ACT mapping down to the hardware? The hardware controller (APro) is defaulted to the build-in Sonar map (map 0 and 19).
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account