2011/11/18 11:53:36
derFunkenstein

This makes Monster look somewhat sane:

http://www.locus-design.c...php/cynosure-usb-cable

I then braid this masterpiece of a wire into a proprietary braid so that the conductors are evenly spaced, and arranged in the configuration I want them to be.

2011/11/18 12:00:44
jbow
Wow... my USB cable was like... free. I now feel inadequate. I will buy another Powerball ticket, if I win USB cables for everyone!

How can there be that much difference? Do you think that there is a difference in quality or speed or both?

J
2011/11/18 12:18:21
Mesh
A review from a user:

Andy Schaub of PFO just published his latest article on the evolution of his digital server solution: Here in the latest issue of Positive Feedback Online.
A couple highlights:
"...decided to insert an audiophile quality FireWire cable (The Locus Design Herald) into the data recovery chain; between the 17" MacBook Pro and the LaCie RAID 1 drive, and much to my surprise, it made a huge difference. I heard depth and detail that had never come out of my digital music server no matter how expensive the DAC all with pinpoint imaging, tons of air and space around the instruments and a rich, lush, tube like sound with ample bass and sparkling treble..." "...So to those who say that the data recovery cables don't matter, I say the moon is made of cream cheese..."
"...I inserted the insanely expensive but utterly extraordinary Locus Design Parable analog interconnects between the Rega and the Skipjack which in turn feeds my Audio Note Meishu via a two (2) meter Kondo KSL-LP interconnect; and the Parable had a quieting effect—like dampening a slight tendency to ring—that just brought the most beautiful music to me..." "...if you can possibly afford them, get hold of a pair of Parables."

Starting at $3549 for 3FT.
2011/11/18 12:50:56
Guitarhacker
  idiots.... (not you guys,,,, whoever would spend that kind of money for a 3 foot USB cable)  ....that's all I can say.... it's digital... not audio on that USB cable.... it either is or isn't........ ones or zeros..... unlike an audio cable...  

man I'm in the wrong business.... 
2011/11/18 13:40:42
slartabartfast
idiots.... (not you guys,,,, whoever would spend that kind of money for a 3 foot USB cable) ....that's all I can say.... it's digital... not audio on that USB cable.... it either is or isn't........ ones or zeros..... unlike an audio cable...

Are you going to believe rational science or your own ears. Why not just order one and send it back if you do not hear a stunning improvement in your listening experience.

Oh, wait...there is a 20% restocking fee i.e. $700.00 to try it for 30 days. Apparently this guy gets paid as much for putting stuff back on the shelf as he does for assembling cables.

Well, not to worry, I am sure that after shelling out over three grand for a cable your ears will convince you of its value.

Or is the whole website an elaborate  joke and we are the fools.
2011/11/18 13:43:04
Starise
 I agree starfart I agree.
2011/11/18 13:44:04
Starise
 I'm sorry man I AM dyslexic. I mean't to say slartabart.
2011/11/18 13:54:30
derFunkenstein
I'm going to undercut his prices by $1000 and still make a killing.  Plus my restocking fee is only 10%.

...sure, you can borrow my 3ft USB cable for up to 30 days at only $250, I don't mind...
2011/11/18 14:03:24
Mesh
Realistically speaking (in this current economy), who would he be targeting to market this cable?

I can only come up with.......

Bapu!
2011/11/18 14:09:53
bapu
I'm gonna order two.

One for stellar quality in my studio and the other in case the first one fails on me.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account