• Software
  • Native Instruments Support Sucks ***But fixed problem***
2012/01/28 15:27:28
ampfixer
The Cakewalk folks are miles ahead of NI when it comes to helping there customers.

My experience may be unique, but it's definately bad. Weeks of dealing with them regarding Service Center problems and they act like it's something they will work on when they're in the mood. No direct communication, just email.

They tell you to try a fix and send them a file. Fine, and easy to do but when it doesn't work it takes a week for them to come up with plan B. I guess the Euro folk are very laid back. I mean VERY laid back.  And this isn't actually a problem with what I bought, it's a problem with registration and activation of the license.

And the industry wonders why piracy is such a problem. If it was a cracked version I wouldn't have any problem at all. Unfortunately that's not how I roll. I pay to play, but look what all that money buys me. I hope none of you have this problem.

Feeling better now.
2012/01/28 16:16:36
Jeff Evans
Hi ampfixer  I had some issues with that as well. They told me to un install the Service Centre completely and actually reinstall a version that was on their site but lower in version number with what my current version was.

Try doing that and see how you go. It all worked perfectly after that for me. I had to salvage a C drive that was going bad and I did with Acronis True Image and it did a fantatsic job. (I cloned a new C drive on the fly from one drive dircet to the other) Except I had to re authorise only one plugin and the Service Centre had an issue after that as well.

2012/01/28 17:35:43
ampfixer
Thanks Jeff, that's where I am exactly. I tried to reinstall with no luck and went back to the older version without success. I don't mind that there's a problem, but I hate it when they only reply to you every 7 - 10 days. That truly sucks and shows you how spoiled we are with Cakewalk support. I've never had a Cakewalk problem go on more than 24 hrs without a fix or work around.
2012/01/28 18:23:45
Bajan Blue
I'm really sorry you are having this problem, but I think most of us long tern users of NI products have all experienced their dreadful customer service and their arrogance at one time or another - of course we make brilliant products and any problems just have to be your fault!!
That and their very dubious marketing tactics is why I am trying my best not to give them any more of my money - I'm continuously looking elsewhere due to the above.
For instance I have invested in Mach Five from Motu and I like both the product and the Company - just can't wait until more library suppliers offer this as an alternative to Kontakt !
Nigel
2012/01/29 21:18:29
digitalboy
Like Nigel says....

There's a few of us who no longer have a great deal of love for NI....

They make a couple of great products - especially Kontakt - but they have a ruthless business model that was exposed very clearly during the Kore fiasco...

The internet has levelled the playing field in so many ways and companies can no longer  hide their true agenda behind corporate speak and smooth marketing...

If we are to support their products,they in turn have to show genuine respect and support for their customers...

After all - if it wasn't for their customers,they wouldn't be in business at all   
2012/01/29 21:30:32
gmon72
I think NI has the worst support of any plugin I have ever used.   I have a question over vdrum mapping in Abbey Road drums for months and have opened two tickets and still haven't gotten a complete answer.  I was told twice they don't do tutorials.   What BS.   I was asking about basic functionality that is not documented.  

2012/01/29 21:46:35
Bajan Blue
Digiatlboy - yes I was also one of the ones caught in the Kore Fiasco  - I love Kore but am now (almost) resigned to it's future obsolescence - I suppose no problem if they had not taken hundreds, perhaps even thousands (too painful to remember!) dollars from me a few weeks before them declared Kore would be no more!!!!
Nigel

2012/01/29 21:59:01
Fog
I gave up talking about them. I also gave up giving them any of my money (unless I really have to)..

the latter is the only thing they will understand.. it's like they are trying to devalue the company or something with their current actions.

2012/01/30 17:17:28
ampfixer
Turns out that the NI Service Center will not run in some cases where IE9 is installed. Rolled back to IE8 and everything seems to be working now. I'll be busy for the next year learning what to do next, now that Pandora's box has been unlocked.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.
2012/02/01 16:35:03
Truckermusic
Yep....
I would have to agree with everyone here....

Right now I have one of their expansion packs that will not register and I've opened a service ticket....They made me jump several hoops and send them files...and everything....

In the end they told me to just use it that way to the best of my ability!.....

I could not get over that....."use it to the best of my ability".....just kind of them telling me thank you for your money but now that your having issues, just go Piss off!....

Wish I could have a clinet base like that to fund my retirement!
Could you just see me telling uncle Sam "oh, you have an issue with my tax return? Well that's nice but too bad . Just go Piss off!"

I'd be in the slammer by dinner!

Clifford
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account