2012/07/06 02:47:55
prathmesh
HI ALL MY FRIENDS
I AM HAVING A-PRO 300 FROM LAST 4 MONTHS, AS ITS WORK SUPERB AND ALSO LOVE IT SO MUCH, LAST 2 DAYS BEFORE WHEN I STARTED THE CONTROLLER SOME ERROR POP UP IN MY A-PRO DISPLAY

ERROR
VER.5.535
[ENTER]

WHEN I DO SO THE NEXT SCREEN MESSAGE

ERASE ?
[L9]

SURE
[L3]

THEN I GOT MESSAGE 

PLEASE SEND SMF.

WHAT IS THIS ALL , PLEASE IF ANY 1 CAN HELP OUT
VERY THANK FULL TO YOU ALL IF ANY PROVIDE THE SOLUTION TO ME ASAP..

REGARDS

PRATHMESH
2012/07/17 08:42:19
djevit
Hi, I have the same problem since yesterday... I saw your post on another french forum, it seems we're the only two people in the world having this problem ;-) I tried the factory reset but no change, it stays on Ver.5.535 or if you do the erase thingy you get 'Please send SMF'. And all i wanted to do is make some music! Hopefully someone has a solution soon.
2012/07/18 01:52:41
prathmesh
HI DJEVIT 

AS I AM FACING THIS PROB PAST 1 MNTH.. STILL MY CONTROLLER IS IN SAME SITUATION, NO SOLUTION.. HERE IN INDIA THEY EVEN DON'T KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROB. ITS IN WARRANTY SO I THINK THAT MAY BE COMPANY WILL HELP OUT BUT TILL DATE NO POSITIVE REPLY FROM THEIR SIDE.

BROTHER WE ARE TWO PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WHO ARE FACING THIS PROB AND THATS TRUE.

DID U TRY IN YOUR COUNTRY CUSTOMER CARE FOR THE SOLUTION ??

IF I GET THE SOLUTION I WILL ALSO SHARE WITH YOU..

HOPE OUR PROBLEM SHOULD SOLVE ASAP....

prathmeshbhatt@gmail.com
2012/07/19 12:51:18
djevit
This is the solution, Prathmesh already knows, but I thought it could be helpfull to post here. Here are the steps: - first download UpdSMF from here: http://www.rolandus.com/s...?FileName=SMFPLAYR.ZIP then, download this file http://www.2shared.com/fi...pA9/apro_sys_v115.html and unzip it to your harddrive Update Procedure 1. Switch off the power to the unit. 2. At the underside, change switch EXT A to its unmarked side and switch EXT B to the side indicated by a star. 3. Using the USB cable, connect the unit and the computer. 4. Switch on the power to the unit. 5. Start UpdSMF.exe. 6. Set MIDI Out Device to A-PRO. 7. Click the Path button and specify the folder containing the update program (SMF). --> the file you downloaded (this where I first did it wrong, you have to select p000001.mid in order to restore your firmware 8. Click the Scan SMF button. 9. Select the displayed update program. (p000001.mid) 10. Press the VALUE control on the unit. (push the large rotary knob next to your display) A random button is displayed on the LCD screen. 11. Press the displayed button. Another random button name is displayed. 12. Press the displayed button. The message Please Send SMF. is displayed. 13. Go to the UpdSMF window and click the Send button. Sending of the update program starts. After several minutes, the update ends and the message Completed! appears. 14. Switch off the power to the unit. 15. Quit UpdSMF.exe. 16. At the underside of the unit, change both the EXT A and EXT B switches to the side indicated by a star. Now it should work! Greetings David
2012/07/19 12:52:40
djevit
OK my layout was better before I pasted, sorry!
2013/03/24 15:28:38
prathmesh
Again then problem remains, now when I starting my controller some time its boot proper but 80% time its shows the same ver error, what to do now ...
Any help ???
2014/04/10 11:57:59
nxym
I have the same prob with my A-800 pro on a Mac pro Daw machine. I found that when i switched to Windows  (via bootcamp) its work as usual . Then from Windows i restart without turn off the keyboard back to Mac os and voilaaaa it is working again.
( Perhaps faulty driver load? I will try to reintsall on mac the A-pro drivers again)

Hope this helps! 
2015/01/25 00:38:11
amitnj29
Guys.. I have tried each step perfectly and yet problem persist. can anyone show me the path.
2015/05/10 20:39:04
2:43AM
Bump for an old post.  Was this problem ever solved?  If so, please describe how.
2015/05/10 22:58:26
Doktor Avalanche
Here is latest drivers and system program update from Roland's site:
http://roland.com/support...wnloads&p=A-300PRO

I installed it without any issue ages ago.
Make sure you use the correct drivers for your OS.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account