• SONAR
  • IRQ Problems.. I think... BSOD!! (p.7)
2004/11/27 07:01:23
Groove1962
I started getting the IRQ_LOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD after I "upgraded" XP to Service Pack 2.
2004/11/27 14:26:37
Saxon1066
Come to think of it, I didn't start getting that one frequently until after SP2. I wonder if it might have something to do with my using a MOTU 896 with firewire, since SP2 affects firewire.
2004/11/27 14:55:12
losguy
All well and good, but if you can't pass a Memtest, then you really shouldn't even bother.
2004/11/29 02:29:08
Saxon1066
After passing MemTest, had a pretty good Sonar session for 45 minutes--just one dropout (I'm accustomed to 4 in that time).

Unfortunately, still not stable: I saved the project, exited Sonar, then launched Sonar again. This time, no Audio, and no audio levels in my MOTU 896. I hit stop, then play again, then the IRQ BSOD.

The MOTU problem had already happed several times before Memtest. Audio comes back when I go to the ASIO panel and "OK" the MOTU settings. Then Sonar recognizes the 896 again.

Could the MOTU 896 drivers also be causing the IRQ BSOD?

Another problem: after one of the previous crashes, my recorded tracks no longer appeared as wavefoms, only as flatlines, even though the audio played back as recorded. Is there a way to re-display the waveform? Why was it reset to disappear?

I'm having a nerrrvous brrreakdowwwwwwn . . . . . . .
2004/11/29 11:21:41
madcow
Saxon....

Try moving the PCI card to a different slot. In the end, this is what cured all of my BSOD's...(irq not less or equal, usb bugcode etc...)
It seemed to be all about the hardware/driver. I ended up in PCI slot #2.
2004/11/29 11:40:51
mykee
I'm using the same motherboard with a m-audio omni studio and have been having exactly the same problems (check out the thousand other posts i've made about BSOD etc). Think i'm just gonna change the motherboard, i've tried everything else i can think of and all the advice given on this forum with no luck at all.
2004/11/29 12:19:51
drjee
An application CANNOT itself cause a BSOD. Tha application may be asking the driver to do something stupid, but it's the DRIVER which is causing the BSOD.

I have a BSOD problem with my ASIO drivers (DMX6Fire, latest version) and Sonar. The ASIO drivers are much faster than them WDM ones, but I often get BSODs. However, Sonar is the only app causing these BSODs with that driver. Maybe, it is not Sonar which is actually causing the BSOD but, definately, Sonar seems to ask stupid things quite often. Thus, I vote for making Sonar more intelligent = less BSODs

drjee
2004/11/29 12:34:38
losguy
ORIGINAL: Saxon1066
Could the MOTU 896 drivers also be causing the IRQ BSOD?

Now that you've ruled out your memory, this is definitely the next place to look. Try different driver revs for the MOTU. While you're at it, make sure that you have all the latest chipset drivers from Dell, and the latest graphics drivers for your video card.
2004/11/29 13:39:01
bermuda
fif4lifefif,

Just trying to help here, so please don't take offence

Ditch the cell phone and buy an answerphone. will save you $600 minimum per year !

When a cell phone is nearly 25% of your income, it's an expensive luxury that maybe you can live without.

I sympathise as when I was in college etc I worked two jobs + college I had no living costs financial support or loans so it was all up to me.

So don't take my message as criticsm as it was not intended t be.

Good luck with the music...I'm sure many of us have been where you are gear wise and some are still....all the gear in the world means nothing without talent and time.

cheers

Spencer

the problem with having a 'dedicated box' is that for that to happen, I'd have to spend another $300 I don't have (I work at a Subway and make like $250/a month, and have a $60 cell phone bill... leaving me with approx. $190 a month, which is better than nothing i suppose..). So this computer has to serve as a home pc and a studio pc until I can build a new one..

However, I don't think that makes me any less serious about recording...
2004/11/29 13:58:36
ORIGINAL: fif4lifefif

Yea, getting some problems here with BSOD. I'll walk out of my room, then walk back in and my computer will have crashed. The BSOD says one of these two things:

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

-OR-

2. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

I figured it had to do with IRQ confliction with my Delta 1010, but the guy from M-Audio said that there are no apparent conflicts. I found this odd since the Delta 1010, my onboard sound card, and the USB "Universal Host Controller" all share IRQ 10.

thanks a lot
-Vince

I had an almost identical situation with my 1010 and Sonar 3.1.1. The 1010 was sharing an interrupt with the motherboard sound controller and my PCI USB controller. I disabled the on-board sound via the BIOS setup, moved the 1010 to another slot and all has been well since including an upgrade to Sonar 4. WRT moving your 1010 to a different slot, I've read that the PCI slot closest to your AGP connector shares an IRQ with it so it's best to select another slot. In my case, the 1010 is in the "last" slot... the one furthest away from the AGP connector.

canum
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account