• SONAR
  • What's your DAW of choice? - Keyboard Magazine (p.6)
2013/04/04 20:21:50
kitekrazy
"Yes Reason 6 is a full-blown DAW, and if you're into beat/loop construction and DJing it's become a DAW of choice. I've stayed away from it mainly due to the copy protection, I have so many freakin' USB keys for that sort of thing it gets annoying!" The piano roll and drag-n-drop audio/midi isn't in the same league as Sonar. They've offered a tremendous upgrade for 4,5 users. I bought the 6 upgrade so now I will get 7 when it comes out. As far as loop and beat construction, Sonar does this well. Few people would shudder to do this but grab some loops and one shots and see how well Sonar works as a looper tool. Octo REX is no Beatscape. Reason 7 will no longer require their dongle. I don't mind it since I have 4 machines. I only use them one at a time so I don't have to buy extra licenses, just plug in the dongle.
2013/04/04 20:28:11
kitekrazy
I always stay away from those polls. We tend to treat our software like it is a religion. We declare jihad when someone criticizes the tools we use. I won't suffer from lack of self esteem for using a DAW even if it's rated #19 out of 20.
2013/04/05 05:44:26
Pragi
Voted:

Avid Pro Tools 2%

MOTU Digital Performer 1%

Steinberg Cubase or Nuendo 3%

Cakewalk Sonar X1 or X2 38%

PreSonus Studio One 2%

Ableton Live 5%

Propellerhead Reason 44%

Apple Logic Pro 4%

2565 responses Refresh