2013/04/17 14:33:28
Eddie TX
http://www.hor-net.com/plugins/hornet-autogain.html

You Waves Vocal Rider users who are bugged that its sidechain input doesn't work in Sonar may want to check this out.  I don't think it's supposed to automatically keep the signal level within a specified range a la VR, but it does adjust the gain based on another input.  So this complements VR nicely.  I tried the demo in X2 and it seems to work as advertised.  Best of all, it's cheap (12 Euros)! 

Cheers,
Eddie
2013/04/19 18:18:44
Bajan Blue
Eddie
I tried this in X1 - how did you install and route it - the manual doesn't seem very clear on this.
I manage to get it to work by installing on one track of vocals, I then routed the output of an instrument  track to use as a level to the hornet input- but of course the level track then doesn't play? I don't think this can be right? If you could let me know how you routed this I would appreciate it as I think this could be quite a handy little plug in
Thanks
Nigel

2013/04/19 18:27:00
cclarry
Bajan Blue

Eddie
I tried this in X1 - how did you install and route it - the manual doesn't seem very clear on this.
I manage to get it to work by installing on one track of vocals, I then routed the output of an instrument  track to use as a level to the hornet input- but of course the level track then doesn't play? I don't think this can be right? If you could let me know how you routed this I would appreciate it as I think this could be quite a handy little plug in
Thanks
Nigel

Nigel,

Did you watch the video?  That might be of assistance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-uu85h728hA
2013/04/19 23:16:23
Bajan Blue
Larry
Thanks, must have missed the video.
I'll give this another go tomorrow.
I do think this looks a helpful little plug in and not just for vocals - for the money seems good value
Cheers again for the help - as always appreciated
Nigel

2013/04/19 23:34:20
Eddie TX
Bajan Blue

Eddie
Thanks
Nigel

If you want the instrument to still be heard, just use a send from that track instead of the track's output, and route that to Hornet on the vocal.  Seems to work pretty well here. 

There was an idea on another forum of using a constant-level signal (e.g., 1kHz sinewave) as the input to the plugin in order to make a leveling effect much like Vocal Rider or the Melda AutoVolume plugin.  Haven't tried that yet, but sounds like it should work.  If so, we've got a very inexpensive alternative to those rather pricey plugs.  Now if we could just have Hornet with VR's GUI, that would be perfect.  :-)

Cheers,
Eddie

2013/04/20 08:59:22
HoRNet
Hello i'm the author of the plugin, regarding the usage of the AutoGain, Eddie is right. The universal way to use it is via send, put a send on your reference track and the autogain on the track you want to automate. Then put the send output to the input 3/4 of the autogain and you are done!

Saverio
www.hor-net.com
2013/05/17 15:32:15
Eddie TX
Hey folks,

This nifty little plugin is on sale today (hurry!) for 6 euros (less than $8). 

http://www.hor-net.com/plugins/hornet-autogain.html

Cheers,
Eddie

2013/05/17 17:51:11
Jimbo21
You beat me to it Eddie! I got this earlier in the week for just under 16 bucks and I'm not even upset I coulda saved almost 8 bucks if I just waited. Only tried it briefly, but I did get it to work so I'm satisfied so far.
2013/05/17 18:47:15
bitflipper
I bought it. I reckon for $7.88 I can at the very least show my support for an independent programmer who doesn't believe in copy protection.
2013/05/17 18:56:05
scook
Agreed, just chipped in my $7.88
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account