2013/05/17 21:14:02
yorolpal
I'm in...natch.
2013/05/18 01:59:52
Glyn Barnes
5.99 Euros - it would be rude not to!
2013/05/18 07:22:44
godino
 I bought a bottle of wine for the same price a couple of days ago - it was rubbish!! - this plugs got to be better value than that. -- It will certainly last longer!! -- I'm in
2013/05/20 22:44:15
Eddie TX
Hey folks,

You who own this plugin may be wondering if it's the functional equivalent of the popular Waves Vocal Rider.  Well, it doesn't automatically keep a signal's level within a defined range, but this behavior can be achieved by using the following trick:

1.  Choose the track that you want leveled -- typically a vocal.  Insert the Hornet plugin there.

2.  Create a new track with nothing but a signal generator (I used Melda's MOscillator, part of their very cool free bundle).  Set it to output a clean 1kHz sinewave.  Pull the fader down or mute the track, and create a pre-fader Send routed to the Hornet's input.

3.  Play the track and adjust the Hornet's controls to taste. 

I cranked all the Hornet's controls up to maximum to try to match VR, but Hornet was still more subtle in its effect.  For more aggressive leveling, you can insert a second instance of Hornet along with a second Send from the signal generator.  When I tried this, I could get close to Vocal Rider's behavior in its Slow mode, but VR can be much more aggressive in controlling the level when the sensitivity is turned up, and especially in its Fast mode.  But the Hornet proved to be able to help level out a vocal track in a natural, transparent way. 

And of course, you can add another Hornet instance to help keep the vocal riding on top of instruments by routing those instruments to a separate bus and creating a Send from there.  This is something VR cannot do in Sonar, due to the VST3 incompatibility.  Thumbs up for Hornet! 

Cheers,
Eddie

2013/05/21 02:36:31
Crowned One
Thanks for the heads up Eddie!

Grabbed this when I had the chance.
2013/05/21 06:59:55
ohgrant
 Thanks for the heads up and great details for it's use Eddie
2013/05/21 14:57:24
Jimbo21
Thanks Eddie! I will try this out.
2013/05/21 15:15:40
simeon

Anyone still waiting for their order.
I ordered on Friday but still do not have anything. It looks as if they have to manually fulfill their orders.
I went ahead and picked up Vocal Rider while it was on sale and might use my $100 voucher and pick up Bass Rider or something else.

Any suggestions?
I have recently picked up the Maserati pack and the Maxx pack as well.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account