2014/03/07 18:25:44
pathos
SampleTekk are extremly proud to present the Rain Piano MkII!
The Rain Piano has become a synonym for character upright pianos and has been used in countless productions, both in film and music.
Now we have made a great thing even better!
- Sympathetic Resonance
- True Resonance
- Real Time Pedalling
- True Pedalling
- User controllable Hammer Noise and Pedal Noise
- User controllable Resonance
- TimeVel technique for ultra realistic release samples
Upgrade Grace period will be available for Rain Piano owners.
Available for Kontakt minimum V4, full version.
MSRP 79 USD

http://www.sampletekk.com/
2014/03/07 20:04:30
bitflipper
I just hope he keeps the original Rain lib up. I still haven't gotten it, and I want it. Sympathetic resonance and pedal noises? Yawn. Sorry, Per, not what I want from this kind of library. For most of my Kontakt-based pianos, I end up making a new instrument with all that stuff stripped out.

In fact, what I'd really like is a bright 5-layer close-miked upright that sounds like the piano in the Beatles' Obla-di Obla-da, but in tune. No sympathetic resonance, no pedal thumps, no far mikes. I'd even take it in mono. Then put it on sale for $25 and I'll sell some blood to get it.
2014/03/07 20:16:16
edrummist
pathos
SampleTekk are extremly proud to present the Rain Piano MkII!
The Rain Piano has become a synonym for character upright pianos and has been used in countless productions, both in film and music.
Now we have made a great thing even better!
- Sympathetic Resonance
- True Resonance
- Real Time Pedalling
- True Pedalling
- User controllable Hammer Noise and Pedal Noise
- User controllable Resonance
- TimeVel technique for ultra realistic release samples
Upgrade Grace period will be available for Rain Piano owners.
Available for Kontakt minimum V4, full version.
MSRP 79 USD
Available shortly from SampleTekk.
http://www.sampletekk.com/

This is great news! I'm a longtime Rain Piano (and SampleTekk) user/customer and am really looking forward to this upgrade! Does upgrade grace period mean free or is there a charge? Either way, I'm interested!
2014/03/08 14:04:44
drewfx1
$30 upgrade price through the end of March for current Rain Piano owners.
2014/03/08 16:20:08
Worra
Hi
Per from SampleTekk here. Yes, it's now released! If you have the old Rain Piano, you should have got a mail about the upgrade path. If not, just contact me at per@sampletekk.com
And yes, the old Rain Piano will still be available.
About the Ob-la-di piano, I've actually sampled it, the very piano! It's a part of Propellerheads "Abbey Road Keyboards". We recorded that in Abbey Roads Studio 2 some years ago. It's an old Steinway K upright called "Mrs Mills". There you go Bitflipper!
2014/03/09 00:56:03
bitflipper
Woo hoo! I knew about the Abbey Road Keyboards but I didn't know you were involved in that. Good to know the old Rain will still be around; I love that piano, and as soon as my medical bills are paid off it will be mine! (You wouldn't know about such things, Per, but here in America surgery can cost as much as a house. Seriously cuts into the music software budget.)
2014/03/12 23:33:16
Glyn Barnes
Anybody upgraded yet? If so what is you verdict?

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account