• SONAR
  • [Solved] Fatal MSVCR120.DLL error starting Braintree
2015/02/27 15:32:40
Susan G
Hi-

I just updated to Braintree and I'm now unable to start SONAR at all. I've tried rebooting and even just trying to run SONAR after closing the QuickStart window with no project loaded I get:

A fatal error has occurred.
Module: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR120.DLL

I sent the first Minidump to CW via the autosend.

I'm sure it's something simple, since SPlat was running great before the update. Any suggestions? I know I can try the rollback but I'd like to get this working.

Edit: I just tried installing again from the Downloads folder and I get the same result.

Thanks-

-Susan
2015/02/27 15:37:24
Anderton
Apparently this is not unknown. This thread, although not related to SONAR, has a solution that seems to work. Please don't just take the first solution, it wasn't a solution...you need to go further down in the thread to get the answer. It relates to run-time libraries or something equally esoteric.

2015/02/27 15:59:46
Susan G
Hi Craig-

I tried deleting both msvcr120.dll files (I had one in \windows\system32 and one in \windows\sysWOW64) and installing using the vcredist files from the Microsoft site and still no joy. AFAIK, I've done what that thread suggested.

This is particularly strange since I was running SPlat just fine last night and haven't installed or changed anything on my system since except the Braintree upgrade.  I literally booted into Windows 8.1 the first time today just to install that.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks-

-Susan
2015/02/27 16:19:01
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Do you have a CWBRN number for this? I can try and locate your minidump using that. Alternatively you can upload the dump file and send me the link via PM.
2015/02/27 16:28:35
Susan G
Hi Noel-

I was on the phone with CW support and they couldn't locate the CWBRN, so I've sent you the link.  Thanks for taking a look!

-Susan
2015/02/27 16:37:41
Anderton
If Noel's on the case, the odds in your favor just improved dramatically
2015/02/27 17:08:49
Any chance that you are running any mods that change the resource file? Its crashing on a string copy from the resources!
2015/02/27 17:09:34
Susan G
Any chance that you are running any mods that change the resource file? Its crashing on a string copy from the resources!

No, none.
2015/02/27 17:10:43
Do you have a monthly or annual membership? Also did you purchase from Steam?
2015/02/27 17:19:06
Susan G
Do you have a monthly or annual membership?

That's an interesting question! I actually have an annual membership now, but only as of today. When I talked to CW I explained that I had just switched from monthly to annual and I wondered if that had something to do with the problem (too much of a coincidence.)  On the "About" screen for Braintree it said I was still on a monthly payment plan. The CW rep I spoke to suggested I call Cleverbridge, but since I couldn't find a phone # immediately, I cancelled my monthly subscription on their website. I'm not sure what else I need to do to make sure it switches to annual, but as of now, it still says monthly on the "About" screen.

Thanks-

-Susan

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account