• SONAR
  • Mouse Issues in Sonar (SOLVED)
2015/04/28 08:56:06
gbowling
This has been going on for a while on my system, both in X3e and now in Platinum.  I'm running windows 8.1.

I have this problem with my mouse, when I try to mouse a slider it will jump to 0 or to 100 and I can't get it to actually slide. 

It happens on pretty much every slider in sonar. It's not a problem on things like channel/bus volumes as I can double click and type in a number. But on things like the threshold slider on audiosnap there is no option to type in a number. 

I've tried updating drivers, using an external mouse or the touchpad, changing all sorts of settings in the control panel, all no luck. 

I don't have this problem with other programs, however, I don't really have many other programs installed as this is a dedicated sonar computer. But I can slide up/down on a browser without issue. 

Anyone else having or had this problem? I would vote for the ability to double click anything in sonar and put in a number. Most things already have this option, but as mentioned the one that really kills me all the time is the threshold on audiosnap. 

Thanks, gabo
2015/04/28 09:05:56
ProjectM
Wow! Sounds like what's happening when using a Wacom tablet etc. I always hated that about Sonar. What kind of mouse are you using? Have you tried to just use the generic windows drivers for the mouse? 
2015/04/28 09:31:49
gbowling
Thanks SCOOK, I had not found that help. 

Strangely enough, when I change the dpi setting to the lowest setting (smallest text), it fixes the problem. 

Not sure if this is a windows problem or a sonar problem, but it's a problem. For us old guys working with the scaling set to the smallest txt is also a real problem.

I guess the answer for now will be to set it to the smallest text, use my magnifying glasses, to do my audiosnap work. Then when finished with that, change the text back to something I can read. Geez, what a work around. 

But thanks very much for the help at least I now HAVE a workaround. Don't know how you set a msg to "SOLVED" but it is

gabo
2015/04/28 09:42:43
scook
I am guessing it is an issue with the implementation of Skylight. There is a feature request to change the restriction http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3191872. I use the Windows Magnify Tool (shortcuts Windows+PlusKey or Windows+=) set to the Lens view rather than lower my screen resolution.
2015/04/28 10:02:06
scook
Forgot to add, my resolution is set to 1920x1200 (what is recommended for my monitor) @ 125%. There are a few quirks in the display, most notable names in the Track pane of the PRV don't display unless the name fits entirely in the space provided but faders and knobs are smooth.
2015/04/28 10:06:22
gbowling
Thanks, a few more good pointers to help me out with this. 

gabo
2015/04/28 10:09:25
BassDaddy
"But thanks very much for the help at least I now HAVE a workaround. Don't know how you set a msg to "SOLVED" but it is"
 gabo

I think you just click on edit in the original post and add solved to it.
2015/04/28 10:47:03
scook
Sorry I did not read msg #4 completely. BassDaddy is correct, edit the initial post. The subject line can be modified from there.
2015/04/28 10:57:17
Anderton
scook
I use the Windows Magnify Tool (shortcuts Windows+PlusKey or Windows+=) set to the Lens view rather than lower my screen resolution.

Wow, I never knew that!! What a great tip. As always, thanks Steve.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account