2015/05/18 16:54:53
BobF
There have been a few discussions about selecting regions or sections in projects and having a structure map of sorts visible.  I can't remember who first posted this link, but I finally found it again.  Thanks whoever you are!  :)

From ~1:02:40 thru 1:05:10 Seth describes this little trick he came up with

2015/05/18 16:58:32
mettelus
I miss those webinars.
2015/05/18 17:14:23
charlyg
I started watching, but it is X1. I started really using Sonar with Platinum. All the other upgrades since Dos have sat on my computer with little use, due to lack of time and knowledge to dig in. I am retired now, and with the help of training videos from here and Groove 3, I am getting the hang of it. I am afraid of confusing myself with the older version. Thanks for doing this, I am sure there are plenty of guys who will appreciate the effort.
2015/05/18 17:22:43
BobF
The part of the video I referenced works in all versions.
2015/05/18 17:37:40
AdamGrossmanLG
Not only do I have a "lane" for markers, but I also have one for chords!

I do this so it is easy to play along with - I can see the chords scroll by.  

This is just my starting template.   No, my entire song is not G# lol.

2015/05/20 17:11:55
Crowned One
 I have wanted to have something like this for a long time as the markers themselves are not always easy to see.

Thank you for posting! like the chord idea also.
2015/05/21 03:34:54
lfm
Can you make cross track selections groups that incorporate everything in a time range?
Just click this top clip - and everything through project track range can be selected too, in one go.

Maybe with one such selection you can insert time as well, to make room.

I have to try that next time at Sonar daw.
It would really be a neat start of arranger track stuff like many of us has voted for.
2015/05/21 11:04:40
BobF
The only thing that bothered about this approach is the fact that MIDI tracks can't have a real NONE as their input.  I've been archiving these guide tracks, but that dims the colors.

Quite by accident I just "discovered" that I can put these MIDI clips into an audio track-that really can have no input or output.  No need to archive or even change the velocity of the note unless the line bothers you.

2015/05/21 11:19:53
AdamGrossmanLG
BobF
The only thing that bothered about this approach is the fact that MIDI tracks can't have a real NONE as their input.  I've been archiving these guide tracks, but that dims the colors.

Quite by accident I just "discovered" that I can put these MIDI clips into an audio track-that really can have no input or output.  No need to archive or even change the velocity of the note unless the line bothers you.

i have these tracks running through an empty drum map, so this way it doesn't trigger anything.
2015/05/22 10:34:42
Tunerman
I've been using these color markers for several years. Prob saw it on that video...
I used to have to 'mute' this color track to not have it sound.

What I do now is put 1 midi note in the clip, then drop the volume down to zero. As I copy/paste that clip for different sections of the song, I'll change the background/foreground colors via the inspector. Never have to mute again.

Chord track! Love it and will incorporate  in the future. Just too hard to see chord symbols as a name for a marker.

Michael
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account