2015/06/24 23:05:32
pawanjalan
Hi, I am unable to locate the Cakewalk Sound Effects sound library in my Sonar Platinum. Could someone please advise which Synth I might find it listed under, or if I have to install this separately?

The cakewalk store this library Sonar X1-X3. Since I have upgraded through all versions starting X1 and am now using Sonar Platinum, not sure if this library needs to be reinstalled or if is available to me under a different name perhaps?

Am really looking for animal and other nature sounds for one of my projects.

Thanks
PJ
2015/06/27 14:33:18
havemose
Something essentially similar happened to me. Load Command Center and manually hit "reinstall" for every single line item. Even if the item such as e.g. "Engineering FX Suite" is green, it does not mean its actually installed. Clearly a bug - I added an enhancement request to validate an install.
2015/07/16 02:26:12
mudgel
I don't know that Cakewalk has ever bundled sound effects with any version of Sonar. Loops, both audio and MIDI as well as One Shots but never sound effects. Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong. Hope so for your sake.

You could do a Google search for animal sound effects, there's plenty of free ones out there.
2015/07/28 14:07:47
ShellstaX
I remembered seeing this post ... and came across this soundpack - cheap and fwiw a further 30% off ... 
Use code "30%OFF-SOUNDS" during checkouttil the end of July.

Soundfonts - so Sforzando is a good free player. Or SFZ(+) ... Also would likely work in DimPro and Rapture.

http://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/sfx-animals

Sample listing via link.
2015/07/30 00:04:02
stevec
I think there was a nature sound set (wind, thunder, etc) for Dimension Pro at some point, but I don't recall the name.
2015/07/30 00:47:43
ShellstaX
Various Winds / Natural / Sound FX can be found in:

Rapture Pro (Factory Packs for  RapPro, DimPro, Rapture) :
- Atmospheric
- Sound FX

Dimension Pro / (Legacy/User Imported in RapPro):
- 01 - Dimensions

Rapture  / (Legacy/User Imported in RapPro):
- Expansion Pack 1 & 2 - Film Textures & FX
     - Free downloads from - http://www.cakewalk.com/S...re-Expansion-Packs-1-2

Rain, Thunder, Wind and other less natural FX are in:
TTS-1 - SFX

Z3TA+ has some if you care trawling.
Z3TA+ 2 has Sound FX in it's factory presets.

2016/01/25 02:49:41
RVR64
Hi,
I need to access some of the sounds in my dimension pro (legacy) in Sonar Platinum.
Is there a way to import the .prog files found in the legacy folder to the .sfz files found in the newer version?

Regards,
John
2016/01/27 07:41:12
Hatstand
Hi There, I had the same problem and found it under "other" in Cakewalk sound center! Hope this helps
2016/01/27 22:24:26
RVR64
Thanks for the quick response! Can't seem to find the "sound center" you mention.

Regards,
John
2016/01/28 09:33:28
Hatstand
Hi there Cakewalk sound center is another VST soft synth it should be available in Sonar, assuming you have Sonar, if not I am not sure
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account