• SONAR
  • Love has Blossomed
2015/08/28 21:02:48
John
I admit it. I stand in front of you and confess I love Sonar Platinum!

I have been comparing it with Studio One 3 and Samplitude Pro X2 and though each are very nice Sonar simply does everything I ask of it. It never talks back or gives me a hard time. Its at my beck and call 24 hours a day and cheerfully just works. With all the improvements its as if I have a new person... ah thing ah DAW. X3 was great but Platinum kills it. 

I don't know what the Bakers have done internally to it but whatever it was it certainly has made it one heck of a great DAW. 

2015/08/28 22:03:04
streckfus
Agreed.  
2015/08/28 22:15:48
SteveStrummerUK

Wow.
2015/08/29 01:58:38
Gone!!
Ahem . . . Well . . . Over here in Australia the government is still doing battle over same sex marriages, I don't think we are quite ready for this

I am pretty happy myself with Sonar Platinum, I spend 90% of my time in Sonar, a bit of doodling in REAPER, sometimes have a look around at what else is happening, sometimes wish Platinum had some of the REAPER things and visa versa, but there must be a reason why I spend the majority of my time in Sonar, and well it just feels comfortable, really since X3, except for a few shaky moments, it's been no turning back. As good as X3 was, after Platinum . . . well it's just forward and onward.
2015/08/29 03:14:04
icontakt
I have to admit that I'm not as passionate about Sonar as I was in X3. Please don't misunderstand, I love the new Control Bar, new Sends module in CV, Virtual Keyboard, etc. introduced this year. What I'm not happy about is that each monthly update seems to introduce a new bug. Although I didn't have the chance to notice it myself (because I was busy around that time), Foxboro introduced one or two Take lane issues (that affect my workflow) according to the Gloucester Update document, and as some of you may know, Glousester introduced a minor bug to the Z key (releasing it after holding it down fails to disable the magnifying glass icon), which is still present in Hopkinton. Not to mention the Control Bar module order issue, Drum Map issue, etc. introduced earlier this year. So, the most recent version of Sonar that works best for me is Everett Update 1.

The change in me is also due to my recent trial of S1v3 (Studio One 3) demo. For me, Sonar is a full-fledged DAW with a large number of bugs, while S1 is a bloat-free, easier-to-use DAW with much less bugs (in fact, I only encountered a couple of bugs in v2, one of which was a showstopper that made me ditch the program. But it seems to have been fixed in v3). S1 fits better in my laptop screen and v3's GUI looks more beautiful to my eyes. Sonar's time-stretch algorithms (iZotope Radius algorithms) are better than those in S1. S1's track layer design is a lot better than Sonar's Take lanes, but S1 doesn't have screensets, percentage-based MIDI note/velocity randomize feature, etc. It's hard to choose between the two, so I'll probably use both (but mainly Sonar, at least for a while).
2015/08/29 03:33:32
Bristol_Jonesey
John, I thought from the thread title this was a new song........
2015/08/29 04:14:14
Gone!!
Bristol_Jonesey
John, I thought from the thread title this was a new song........

it is . . . A Love Song
2015/08/29 05:24:19
Susan G
jih64
Ahem . . . Well . . . Over here in Australia the government is still doing battle over same sex marriages, I don't think we are quite ready for this

Whoever said that SONAR is male?

-Susan
2015/08/29 05:35:51
mudgel
I think he means falling in love with a piece of software not implying that Sonar was male.
2015/08/29 05:52:36
Gone!!
Yes, that was the implication
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account