2015/10/28 16:39:28
Kev999
There have been several different feature requests relating to routing lately. I'd be happy to see a simple feature where you click on a button within a bus and it displays a list of all the buses and tracks that are routed to that bus.

This would be helpful as a quick check to see if you have accidentally outputted something to to the wrong bus. Sometimes you see a meter moving when it shouldn't be or not moving when it should be. One click could tell you what need to know or at least provide a big clue and save a bit of time you would have otherwise spent investigating the problem.
2015/10/29 11:50:40
mesayre
I'd find this handy. Maybe even a global signal flow diagram for a session to see it all at a glance.
2015/10/29 15:16:23
Kev999
mesayre
...Maybe even a global signal flow diagram for a session to see it all at a glance.

That has already been requested:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/m3163639.aspx
2015/11/05 05:04:49
LJB
In previous versions one could CTRL-Click (or something like that) on the bus and it would highlight all the assigned tracks. I don't know when that got removed, but I'd love to see at least that make a comeback.
2016/09/11 02:11:40
Kev999
UPDATE:
This feature should also apply to Aux tracks as well as buses.
2016/09/11 10:32:50
Billy86
Kev999
mesayre
...Maybe even a global signal flow diagram for a session to see it all at a glance.

That has already been requested:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/m3163639.aspx

Looks like the request was in Jan. 2015? A shame it fell on deaf ears, particularly given CW's latest touting of life-time updates: " you talked, we listened." This routing visualization would be incredibly useful.
2016/09/11 16:56:25
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
LJB
In previous versions one could CTRL-Click (or something like that) on the bus and it would highlight all the assigned tracks. I don't know when that got removed, but I'd love to see at least that make a comeback.

the feature still exists and also works with AUX tracks ... but it is ALT+click the A, B, C, D, ... label of the bus for which you want the routing displayed => all tracks and buses that route / send to the selected bus are also highlighted
2016/09/11 21:38:12
Kev999
Rob[atSound-Rehab]
LJB

the feature still exists and also works with AUX tracks ... but it is ALT+click the A, B, C, D, ... label of the bus for which you want the routing displayed => all tracks and buses that route / send to the selected bus are also highlighted

I've just checked. This works in X3 too. Who knew?

I still would like to see a list as well.
2016/09/11 21:52:04
Billy86
Kev999
Rob[atSound-Rehab]
LJB

I've just checked. This works in X3 too. Who knew?

I still would like to see a list as well.

Agreed. I'd like to see a visual flowchart at the click of a button. Maybe Ctrl+ right-click on the bus/aux track to pop up a printable flowchart.
2016/10/31 05:00:37
Kev999
What routes to sidechains needs to be included too.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account