• Hardware
  • Tascam FW 1884 works in win 10 X64
2015/11/20 19:15:38
Zargg
As the title says, I have the Tascam FW 1884 working (so far) as a motorized volume (and hopefully more as I learn this thing) fader with no problems, using the setup described in http://deeringamps.com/fw1884/sonarx_fw1884.htm
And everything went smoother than I would ever expect
There is hope for you guys and girls that still uses this item, and want to upgrade / migrate to Win 10 (X64).
Looking forwards to learning this beast
All the best.
http://deeringamps.com/fw1884/sonarx_fw1884.htm
2015/11/21 08:50:10
DeeringAmps
So navigating in Device Manager and installing the "Legacy" FW Driver in Win 10 is not as problematic as Win 8.1?
Glad you found the tutorial useful.

Tom
2015/11/21 10:36:14
Zargg
Thanks for making the guide that let me do it so easily, Tom I installed everything in compatibility mode, and as administrator. After rebooting, I was up and crawling (probably a long time until I can run with this one
I had one issue, when I (do not ask me why) turned the FW 1884 off, and on again when the pc was turned on, and windows crashed. Rebooted, and all is fine again.
Thanks again, and all the best.
2015/11/21 10:46:52
bapu
Zargg71
Thanks for making the guide that let me do it so easily, Tom I installed everything in compatibility mode, and as administrator. After rebooting, I was up and crawling (probably a long time until I can run with this one
I had one issue, when I (do not ask me why) turned the FW 1884 off, and on again when the pc was turned on, and windows crashed. Rebooted, and all is fine again.
Thanks again, and all the best.

Hmmmmmm under Win 7 I can turn my unit off/on with no crashes.

Does this happen every time? For me that would a bit of a bummer. I leave my DAW on 24/7 but flip off power to 
1) video monitor
2) powered audio monitors
3) RME
4) FW-1884

2015/11/21 11:06:22
Zargg
I have not checked, Ed. IIRC windows said that something went wrong, and collected some data, then rebooted.
Will try again, and let you know. 
2015/11/21 11:31:24
Zargg
I tried to turn off - on the FW 1884 (3 times), when pc is turned on, and it crashes each time. Says something like "IRQL less or more", when collecting data, so there is probably something wonky in the driver / operator department.
Will try to retrace my installation tomorrow, to see if there is something I could have done wrong. Maybe do another installation, and this time make notes... 
All the best. 
2015/11/21 12:13:34
DeeringAmps
The "Legacy" driver solves this problem (crashes) in Win 7.
Do you have a TI chipset for the firewire?
There's a tool for checking that on my web page, although I don't know if it works in Win 10.
Without a doubt, if re-booting the FW crashes Windows, that's a showstopper!

T
2015/11/22 11:56:09
Zargg
I tried again today to turn off and on the FW 1884, with the same results as I got yesterday. It could be down to my FW card. It is a ST Lab FW card with TI chip, and was the cheapest I could find in a store near me that day.
It is not a showstopper for me, that I cannot turn it off / on when windows is running, so I will try to learn it some more, before I (maybe) get another FW card, that is known to work. 
Will report back after playing some more with it.
All the best.
2015/11/22 12:18:49
DeeringAmps
Did you run the OCHI tool from the web site?
Curious for 2 reasons; does it work in Win 10 and verifying you have the TI chipset.
You saw the TI logo on the chip? It looks like the outline of the State of Texas...
T
2015/11/22 12:35:34
bapu
DeeringAmps
Did you run the OCHI tool from the web site?
Curious for 2 reasons; does it work in Win 10 and verifying you have the TI chipset.
You saw the TI logo on the chip? It looks like the outline of the State of Texas...
T

Is there a state of Texas in Norway?

Sorry, I had to do it.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account