2015/12/17 09:20:43
stratrat1
We need an app for apple and/or android products that will let us control sonar remotely.. Its hard to be in the recording room and control room at the same time...LOL
2015/12/17 10:48:19
azslow3
I guess more details what you want to control can help CW think about that. As a good starting point: what you miss in existing solutions which work throw Mackie Control ?
2015/12/17 12:12:44
stratrat1
I do believe im ignorant to their existing solutions... I need to be able to set my preamp levels, and have all play back & record functions, and of course be able to adjust what ever monitor I need. I know there are a few things out there.  I have tried a few and they all pretty much bit it. It would seem sonar would want you to have seamless control in an app... make a few extra bucks even...Until they do invest the time and effort into an app, if you or any body has a good solution please enlighten me...

2016/01/15 07:44:05
stratrat1
Hmmm must be no good solutions ;)
2016/01/15 07:54:43
Karyn
Remote desktop,  control everything, not just Sonar, as if you were sat at your computer...

2016/01/16 06:00:53
stratrat1
remote desktop as in lugging another computer around or is there an app style software for an ipad called remote desktop?

UPDATE.. just found the app for my ipad..will be giving it a shot today.I will be posting results
.. Thanks for the heads up!!!

2016/01/17 04:38:12
stratrat1
I can't seem to get the ipad to show up in my network, even though it is on the network...LOL... I will have to get that going before I get the remote to work....BLAH!!!
2016/06/03 07:21:16
stratrat1
I love this software beyond the limit!!! I am sure this topic has been talked about in several threads.. I really need an ipad app where I can get in one of my recording booths or rooms and control most tracking functions such as pre amp input with level metering (trim),  monitor, and basic transport functions... Its hard to be in two place at once...LOL
2016/06/03 10:53:15
azslow3
pre amp level is in general not controllable from within a DAW, at least not from Sonar (for that to work, there must be special integration with particular hardware since there is no standards to do this globally). And so Sonar iPad app, even if/when implemented will be unable to do that (except may be for some Tascam interfaces...).

But Sonar can be controlled by:
1) any MackieControl compatible iPad app. You can find many positive reports in this forum about Lemur https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lemur/id481290621?ls=1&mt=8

2) any other OSC iPad app, f.e. TouchOSC in case you do not afraid to be the first who is using such combination: http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,295.0.html

Many hardware can be controlled by special (Be X32, A&H QU) or mentioned (RME) apps.
2016/06/04 07:09:59
stratrat1
I know my Hardware is ROLAND but it is branded with the cakewalk emblem... I own the VS 700.  A person would think they could work something out.. I do understand. Especially since roland and cakewalk are so out of bed now...saddens me :-( You can bet your butt I will not ever buy another roland product..I'm sure you have heard all the stories. Especially the fact they wont develop the drivers for windows 10.. Thanks for your input azlow3. You are greatly appreciated. My preamps are adjusted thru a window that only comes open when the daw is open so they are integrated to some point...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account