2016/01/04 20:55:51
...wicked
Installed to the latest update, and now that I'm finally sitting down with it I notice Rapture has a lot of silent presets, I don't know if it's missing samples or what (well actually I'm pretty sure that's what it is but also open-minded). I recall there being some snafu about install directories (forum search indicates as much but nothing quite as specific or a solution for my problem) but wanted to see if there's an obvious fix.

2016/01/04 21:04:49
scook
Maybe looking at a log will help you figure out what is going on. "Enable Logging" using the Options menu on the RPro UI. Logs are written in to a Logs folder in the path where the RPro Programs folder is located. The default location is "C:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Logs."
2016/01/04 21:31:14
...wicked
Thanks scook!

As soon as I did that I got a missing samples prompt on the next preset load. I followed it and indeed it has the directory name wrong. For example: "Gibson Gold Top Neck" instead of "53 - Gibson Gold Top Neck". Is there an easy way to make Rapture Pro search for the missing samples? Or maybe I re-name the directories?

2016/01/04 21:37:31
...wicked
Oh, yeah and a bunch aren't there. Sigh.

2016/01/04 21:45:08
scook
Renaming directories is one way but should not be necessary. When updating, were all the RPro package updates installed too?
2016/01/04 21:59:41
...wicked
Yah, sure were. I think I did them one at a time instead of "install all" on the parent item but I wouldn't "think" that would be a problem. But I already had Rapture and DimPro installed, I would suspect that as a likely culprit.

2016/01/04 22:32:15
scook
I did not use "install all" when I built my most recent machine. I looked at the Gold Top programs and they appear to work for me. There is a "53 - Gibson Gold Top Neck" folder in my RPro multisample folder. Unfortunately with my new machine, I collapsed the legacy multisample folders into RPro so I have no idea what a default installation looks like anymore.

I am pretty sure the original "silent program" issue which most were complaining about with the initial RPro release was addressed some time ago. It was a problem with the legacy paths getting setup incorrectly in the RPro registry entry. I know my old machine did not have silent programs prior to the last update. It had DPro and Rapture installed prior to RPro.

If the legacy paths are setup correctly in RPro, the old samples are part of the program search path. If the paths are not correct, RPro will not see the DPro and Rapture sample folders.

The legacy multisample paths in a 64bit installations are in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro
and are called
Dim Multisamples Path
Rap Multisamples Path

CSC Multisamples Path

2016/01/07 08:47:21
ChristopherM
Just a guess, but perhaps you have duplicated multisample folders (or rather old and new). Maybe try searching for a given multisample to see whether you have duplicates. Bear in mind that there has also been a shift from wav to flac, so you may find two versions (<sample_name>.wav in the "old" and <sample_name>.flac in the "new").

If you do find that you have two quite distinct multisample locations, once you have tidied up the registry entries to point to a single definitive folder, it is straightforward to drag and drop the entire contents of either or both of the existing folders to the definitive new folders. Probably wise to ensure that you select the new version of any given sample in the event of conflicts. Also, in my case I rashly deleted all of the wavs that had flac equivalents to save space, but I later regretted this because some older projects were insistent that they wanted the wavs. (This last may have been down to my incompetence, however.)
2016/01/16 23:27:45
machinesworking
OK so completely different system, OSX , Audio Unit version of Rapture Pro, (although I'm guessing it references the VST3 like Z3ta+2 does), but same problem. About half the presets don't load, or load partially. Here's the clincher, and it might be true for some of you guys as well, if you open the instrument up and right click on the empty sample/oscillator window it magically appears. If your problem is similar that might help when loading older songs with Rapture patches in them, but it kills my interest in the product.

I've called Cakewalk tech support twice about this as it's happened ever since I bought Rapture a month ago. Word is now from them that it's a known issue and they are working on it, but please do send them the log files you get.
Cakewalk are batting -1000 as far as the Audio Unit versions of their plug ins are concerned, Z3ta+2 went unused on my system for 5 months after the installer broke in Yosemite, and I was dumb enough to buy Rapture Pro only to experience another issue rendering it next to useless.
2016/01/19 16:44:39
DeadAgain
I can fully confirm the buggy behavior under OSX

So I have tested:

OSX 10.11.2 (My test system on an external disk)

- Pro Tools 12.3.1    Rapture Pro: many presets not loading, after some time some presets get distorted (that played some minutes before) until plugin is reloaded   Rapture Session:  all presets are loading and working perfectly
- Pro Tools 12.4    Rapture Pro: many presets not loading, after some time some presets get distorted (that played some minutes before) until plugin is reloaded   Rapture Session:  all presets are loading and working perfectly
- Logic Pro AU / Studio One 3 AU Rapture Pro: many presets not loading    Rapture Session:  all presets are loading and working perfectly
- Cubase 8.5 Pro / Studio One 3  VST3   Rapture Pro: all presets are loading and working perfectly    Rapture Session:  all presets are loading and working perfectly

OSX 10.10.5 (My production system)

- Pro Tools 12.3.1    Rapture Pro: many presets not loading, after some time some presets get distorted (that played some minutes before) until plugin is reloaded   Rapture Session:  all presets are loading and working perfectly
- Pro Tools 12.4    Rapture Pro: many presets not loading, after some time some presets get distorted (that played some minutes before) until plugin is reloaded   Rapture Session:  all presets are loading and working perfectly
- Logic Pro AU / Studio One 3 AU Rapture Pro: many presets not loading    Rapture Session:  all presets are loading and working perfectly
- Cubase 8.5 Pro / Studio One 3  VST3   Rapture Pro: all presets are loading and working perfectly    Rapture Session:  all presets are loading and working perfectly

Reinstalled all librarys via Command Center. Reinstalled plugin via Command Center.

If the problem occours, the meters are not moving. There is no output from Rapture Pro.

---------------------

Opened a service call in december ... useless answers so far from support .. no further reaction since 01/06/2016 ...  the support  kills my interest in the whole cakewalk product line ... shame on you!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account