2016/05/13 10:35:12
scook
So RPro can automatically replace DPro and Rapture in existing projects.
2016/05/13 11:33:59
stevec
Perfectly logical...
2016/05/14 08:17:37
Zargg
+1 It makes sense.
All the best.
2016/06/08 14:07:01
Elffin
It does. - but... I would like to the conversion process to move the library content as well.
Just feel its one area that could get very messy if people would delete dim pro and rapture from their comps.
2016/06/08 14:16:20
scook
The DPro/Rapture factory library and CW expansion pack content are part of RPro. I believe all of the paid 3rd party expansion packs originally written for DPro and Rapture now install in the RPro paths if the synth is detected.

2016/06/08 17:47:58
Elffin
Just out of interest... If I copied/moved the dim pro and rapture libraries into the equivalents folders of Rpro will they be added automatically?
2016/06/08 17:58:28
Zargg
Elffin
Just out of interest... If I copied/moved the dim pro and rapture libraries into the equivalents folders of Rpro will they be added automatically?

I have all my libraries on separate drives, so it is doable. Did not use any junction points either.
Do not remember how I did this, though.
All the best.
2016/06/08 18:27:46
scook
Yes and no.

Rapture can be a challenge. The RPro installer removes any Rapture wavs found in the RPro multisample folder. I guess some one thought there was no reason to have duplicates of the RPro flac files. Unfortunately this breaks some Rapture programs. Either do not merge the Rapture samples or keep a copy handy. They will be needed if the RPro installer is run again. It happened to me with every update. It is not a big deal but is a little inconvenient.

Merging DPro is not a problem. The lastest version DPro and RPRo both support flac files.

Since VST Persist Compatibility for RPro is not available, if you do merge the multisamples make sure to create the appropriate directory junctions or update the "Multisamples Folder" registry entries for the legacy synths and the RPro registry paths for the legacy folders.

Initially, you should not need to merge programs, RPro copies DPro and Rapture programs during the RPro install process. However, the legacy synths are hard coded to look in ProgramData for programs and some support files. This is unlikely to change because the synths are no longer maintained. Should you create a new program or modify a program using a legacy synth, these changes will not make it to RPro without either copying the files by hand or using directory junctions in ProgramData so that legacy programs actually work on the PPro file locations.
2016/10/14 02:41:26
dede
+1 I'm still using Dim Pro just because I'm used to, but can't see the point of having them all installed (I do have Rapture, rapture LE, Dimension LE,  Dim Pro and Rap Pro in one computer!!) , with all the copy program and duplicating directories etc. it's a bit od a mess..

Good request.

2016/11/09 15:16:56
ricoskyl
scook
However, the legacy synths are hard coded to look in ProgramData for programs and some support files. This is unlikely to change because the synths are no longer maintained. Should you create a new program or modify a program using a legacy synth, these changes will not make it to RPro without either copying the files by hand or using directory junctions in ProgramData so that legacy programs actually work on the PPro file locations.

Is this why I got an "unable to load legacy programs" when I recently tried to manually load up some DP programs in RP?  When I launched the 1.5 version of DP, everything went smoothly.  I would've thought RP was fully backward compatible...?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account