• Songs
  • Build A New LIfe - featuring jamesg1213 (p.2)
2016/05/31 14:49:07
stevec
Nice theme & lyrics... Well done, lads.    Mix sounds good, drums are bit out front but it doesn't bother me 'cause A) I can still hear the vocals and everything else just fine, and B) I do like punchy drums.    Love the slide solo too...
2016/05/31 19:06:47
dcumpian
All around quite a nice little rocker! Everything sounds very good, nice and clear. I'd like a little more snap on the snare, but that's just me.

Regards,
Dan
2016/06/01 21:06:51
Freddy J
Hey, this is a great little number.  I love the swampy feel of the music and the Bluesy nature of the lyrics.  They are perfect for a Bluesy song.  Phil's vocals are perfect for this number, Jame's guitar works is great, and Bapu's bass.   pushes everything right along.  Ed, did you do all that other stuff also!!!

Great stuff guys!!!
2016/06/01 22:42:54
String Jammer
This sounds great from top to bottom! Great job, gents!
2016/06/02 05:18:15
DarinBad
Great tune guys! I think the over-all mix is pretty good, but a couple of things popped out..

The drums.. They are really forward in the mix. The thing is, I'm not so sure that I don't really prefer it that way. Maybe it's the kick drum that is too dominate. It's not really sitting with the bass guitar IMO. The snare seems just right in some parts, but a little loud in others. Since there is not a lot of 'crack' in it, it seems to work. Still, it does seem to be a bit too forward also.

Piano could certainly come up a bit.

The guitar solo at around 2:50 sounds like it came from another planet or something. The playing/execution is great but.. It's not at all consistent with the rest of the 'space' in the recording. It just sounds odd to me. It stuck out like a sore thumb when I listened to it. Too loud? Wrong ambience? Both? Not sure.

Love the tune! Great playing by all involved.

Thanks for sharing.
Darin
2016/06/26 13:09:50
bapu
mgh
great stuff Ed. at times i felt the drums were slightly too forward but the clarity in the overall mix is superb. i might bring the piano bit up a little. lovely playing from you all and nice vocals. cool little bit of guitar from James too.

Thanks Mark.
2016/06/27 11:39:26
SoundRegion
Great track. I especially liked the alternating vocals in the chorus.
2016/08/16 17:23:46
bapu
Wookiee
Sounds nice here, like they way Phil's vocal comes across some very nice playing chaps.

Thanks Wooks.
2016/08/16 17:32:17
Jesse Screed
What did I expect?

The vocals are the stand out for me.

Then of course, the slide guitar was cool.  I like slide guitar.

Solid, again.

Jesse Q. Screed
2016/08/16 21:22:20
BASSJOKER
all around great stuff gents :o) ....finally catching up a lil around here .... busy summer
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account