2016/09/27 06:39:43
jbraner
This may sound a little far fetched - but I wonder if there is some kind of a solution for when you accidentally type one or more shortcut keys, usually because a plugin hasn't taken control of your PC keyboard.

I have a couple of soft synths that do this - and when you forget to click the button that allows the plugin screen to grab keyboard input - you can cause all sorts of havoc, when you think you're typing a preset name, or a parameter number.

I don't know what could be done for this - maybe a little macro to tell you what your last keystrokes were? (so you can type them again, to "undo" the shortcut). It's not always obvious what you have typed - because after the first key or two, you're usually out in SONAR somewhere, and not actually inputting anything any more.

The real SONAR "UNDO" function doesn't really help because that's just for actions that you've done, rather than screwing up your layout or screenset etc.

Does this make sense? It's not easy to explain, but I bet a lot of us have accidentally typed a shortcut key or two, and then have to figure out what we've just done to SONAR - and how to "undo" it.
2016/09/27 19:07:44
Kev999
Alternatively, if the above is not possible, a displayed list of the last few edits would be helpful, making it easy to backtrack.
2016/09/27 19:39:08
ebibault51
It happens to me so often... I think I'm typing something but in fact I'm changing some settings or moving something. And sometimes you cannot undo, often because you don't realize what you've done and when you see it, it's maybe too late.

When you launch SONAR, there is a kind of blue tooltip that appears to inform you about your plugins. It automatically disappears. There could be an option in SONAR where such a tooltip could appear and quickly disappear to tell you what you've just done. Examples: "Deleted 4 tracks" ; "Moved a clip"... That could be useful to avoid unwanted changes.

More generally, I think that everything in SONAR should be undoable. For example, when you move a knob or type something. With the Gloss EQ for example, you can go back to the previous value with a right mouse click. Why can't we do this with every command of every plugin?

2016/09/27 19:41:58
BobF
GREAT idea!!
2016/09/28 18:16:16
Zargg
Cool idea!
+1
2016/10/03 13:51:44
jeffreycl
Doggone.  Happened to me twice this weekend.  Thought I was typing into another program when actually Sonar had focus.  Thankfully it was just changes to the look of Sonar (all tracks minimized, certain window panes gone while others open, command modules shut down, etc...).  Takes about 5 minutes to get Sonar looking the way I wanted it to look again.  So far, I have not lost anything from doing this.
2016/10/14 10:32:32
stevesweat
+1

2016/10/14 13:34:30
Frugaard
+1
2016/11/02 12:52:06
icontakt
+1. Great idea.
2016/11/10 05:57:16
Frugaard
+1