• Hardware
  • Cannot configure a MOTOR 49 keyboard / control surface.
2016/09/28 23:13:57
yummay
Hello guys.

Just bought a Motor 49 keyboard controller from Berhinger. I've read the manual / quickstart guides for it and checked back a couple of chapters in Sonar's manual to configure control surfaces. No success... time wasted : over two hours... Oh! I can play the keyboards and trigger a synth with it, fine... but as for the control surface aspect of that product, nothing works out of the box.  

I did a MIDI LEARN on a track's fader. When moving the linked fader on the hardware, SONAR'S fader follows all right... but moving SONAR's fader does not make the MOTOR 49's move.

Opened up LIVE LITE 9 to do a comparison of my "mackie control setup procedure" with another DAW and everything was literally up and running in less time than it took me to write down this post. (Keyboard, faders, rotaries, bi-directional interaction between the DAW and the controller... Only limitation LIVE LITE is imposing me is that I can only work with 4 tracks... So I cannot really test the system with a high number of tracks.) 

Does anybody have a configuring tip to share? The only thing I can see here that is really suspicious is the the ACT module on the control bar is always indicating "CONNECTING"... not sure what to think of that yet as I am still looking for information about this. 
2016/10/01 14:22:47
yummay
Thank you Azslow3.

I've read some information in those threads... i'm still digging in the data they provide. I'll give it a try this week-end, hopefully!
2016/10/02 01:12:42
yummay
I downloaded the AZCTRL_0_5rb2 and followed the instructions of the quickstart guide. I've configured the first fader as recommended. 

Does not seem to work. Fader in SONAR jumps to its maximum value as soon as I touch the hardware. 

downloaded the HUI preset and tried it... does not seem to help either. 

Any tips? Going back to some reading... 
2016/10/04 07:14:03
azslow3
I have answered in PM, but just for clarity I was thought to mention the part of the thread started with: http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3449057
So moded MackieControl plug-in, not AZ Controller.
2016/10/04 23:43:50
yummay
Thanks for your answer, Azslow!

I had seen that post, but I was not sure what to make out of that "moded" word... even if my English is not too bad I had to google it up...

Anyways, I'll Download the files sometimes tomorrow and hopefully I'll find out in what folder I should be pasting the DLL's
2016/10/16 09:56:04
yummay
Hello again!

Just to let you know that I finally got my configs right using the new MackieControl DLL by Azslow3. Disabled the handshake option and now I have what I basically need ... (though I have not tried bank switching with more than 8 tracks... i'll try it soon)

Cheers.
2017/07/14 14:56:00
fpcross
I just bought a Behringer Motor 49 and sadly realize just how "unhappy" it is with Sonar as its partner.

To get a proper control surface and integration between Sonar and Motor, do I have to use both the modified "MackieControl.dll" and the "azctrl_0_5r5b366" ?

I wonder why Behringer doesn't design a file for download to integrate Sonar? I would think that the Sonar user base is large enough to justify the task?

Pardon my confusion, but I am definitely not the only one in this situation!

2017/07/14 15:08:22
BassRocket
Hi,
I too have had my share of woes with controllers.
Have a look around here;

http://www.azslow.com

This guy is amazing. Writes his own programs and they work! He's been a tremendous help to me.
Best of luck
2017/07/14 15:50:09
fpcross
Many thanks, BassRocket. I am indeed aware of the site... it's awesome.
That's where I got the  "azctrl_0_5r5b366" file.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account