• SONAR
  • [Solved] Sweetwater tells me THIS after taking my money!!!
2016/11/26 14:00:58
RedSkyRoad
So I decide to purchase the lifetime updates 11 hours ago and still no download link.  They come back with the following:

"Hey, Sorry about the delay, but Sonar typically only allows us to sell their software to the united States. I am working on getting approval to make an exception for you, but I will likely not get a response from Sonar until monday. Let me know if you want to change anything :)

Talk Soon!
Jimmy Hart"

What effing BS is this? I bought Platinum through Sweetwater last year!!!!!
2016/11/26 14:10:29
RedSkyRoad
If I get my money back, can I buy it from Cakewalk directly?  I'd rather spend an extra $10 and never buy from those scumbags again!!!
2016/11/26 14:42:48
RedSkyRoad
Got my money back, bought through Cakewalk for exactly same price and I'm set for lifetime updates, IMMEDIATELY!

Thanks Cakewalk!

2016/11/26 14:53:08
BobF
I'm glad it worked out for you, but Sweetwater has always been a top-shelf retailer in my experience.  I would recommend them any time without hesitation.
2016/11/26 14:54:29
LaszloZoltan
RedSkyRoad
Got my money back, bought through Cakewalk for exactly same price and I'm set for lifetime updates, IMMEDIATELY!

Thanks Cakewalk!

rant mode: off - i presume ?
2016/11/26 15:04:11
Anderton
Sweetwater's customer service is exemplary, they are far from scumbags. I'm sure you had no trouble getting your money back.

Unfortunately international sales can get very complicated depending on changes in regional laws, contracts with distributors, etc. So I'm glad you got what you wanted, but I suspect there's a backstory as to why it wasn't possible...or it could even be a misunderstanding.
2016/11/26 15:19:04
fireberd
+1 for Sweetwater. I've been a customer for many years and do not hesitate to buy from them.  The sales rep that is assigned to my account is a "straight shooter" and doesn't try to sell me something I don't want or need.
2016/11/26 16:14:26
ampfixer
THe global retail business still has a lot of growing up to do. A global currency and rules don't exist yet. Since everything related to software is moving to direct D/L, governments will have to address it at some point.
But don't hold your breath.
2016/11/26 20:52:48
John
I have had the best service from them. I was very pleased by how they do business.

2016/11/26 22:58:29
outland144k
I've never had any issues with Sweetwater either and have recommended them to many a friend and student. I have to agree with Craig that something may have unclear in the background of what you experienced. I wouldn't write them off after one odd issue. Perhaps you could talk to your rep and get clarification from him as to what actually was up with the mix-up? We are all human after all is said and done....

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account