2016/12/18 06:22:05
ghanedan
Hi,

Neither "Generic Cakewalk" nor "ACT" surfaces has an option to seleck an individual track from remote ccontroller to map/learn. Also the existing function on the ACT surface mapping page for "Next Track" "Previous TRack" does not work.

Is there a possıblıty to add thıs as a PArameter mapping to Generic Cakewalk Surface ? It sı a very stable one and there many other parameters which could be added to this surface.

2016/12/18 06:33:03
azslow3
In AZ Controller (see my signature) can do focusing (absolute, relative, remembered, by strip name, etc.).

Just note there is a difference between "focused" and "selected" strips. "Focused" can be only one strip per type, so one Track and one Bus. The track inspector always shows focused strip from "current" strip type.

Selected tracks means selected content in tracks. But selection is also used for group operations with strips (normally with Ctrl key).

Control surfaces can "focus" strips but can not select them (except generating "," key to select focused strip, unfortunately not working correctly in that context since track focusing by mouse/keyboard is decoupled with track focusing by surface (a bug in Sonar) and so you sometimes select something unexpected).
2016/12/18 08:06:14
ghanedan
Hi,

I know the software you are offering but unfortunately it is blocked by my anti-virus software for containing a Trojan horse.

What I would expect from Sonar developers is to provide a convenient way to map any keyboard shortcut command to a mappable/learnable controller number.

For instance I can select ( focus indeed ) any track by just pressing up and down arrown on my keyboard, so that should also be a mappable/learnable CC parameter.

2016/12/18 08:45:50
chuckebaby
ghanedan
Hi,

I know the software you are offering but unfortunately it is blocked by my anti-virus software for containing a Trojan horse.

I believe its probably a reputation scan not a Trojan horse. The software is fine. It can easily be added to your AV exceptions list.
I hope it doesn't sound to disconcerting but It took years to get an update to Mackie Protocol (what I use now) so im not sure I see Cakewalk adding this anytime soon.

I like your enthusiasm though. There are a lot of features we need to have added to Sonar. I have a few myself.
2016/12/18 08:50:09
ghanedan
chuckebaby
I believe its probably a reputation scan not a Trojan horse. The software is fine.

Thanks for the response. Are you the developer for this software ? Do you have a safe download link ?
2016/12/18 08:55:53
chuckebaby
ghanedan
chuckebaby
I believe its probably a reputation scan not a Trojan horse. The software is fine.

Thanks for the response. Are you the developer for this software ? Do you have a safe download link ?

Ahhh the ole dig  I can see where this is going.
I can verify I have downloaded it (and downloaded it again 2 weeks ago for reinstall) and used it without any issues. Matter of fact, I didn't even receive a warning from my AV. Im using Avast (Avast and MS essentials is what the general users of DAW software run) possibly you are using Norton AV.

Anyway, I wish you luck. I will no longer respond as I wish not to sound negative.
Happy holidays.
2016/12/18 09:00:10
azslow3
ghanedan

Please be so kind and write which antivirus has detected something in my 0.5Mb installer.

2016/12/18 09:02:59
chuckebaby
azslow3
ghanedan

Please be so kind and write which antivirus has detected something in my 0.5Mb installer.

Possibly it was a Trojan Pony ?
2016/12/18 09:21:44
ghanedan
Hi,

It was Bitdefender that was blocking the download page for Web reputation, but possibly I was redirected to an external site rather than the direct download link.

This page looks ok:
http://www.azslow.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=2

I have just downloaded the exe file and will try and inform you.

Many thanks for your help.

By the way:
[quote chuckebaby]
Ahhh the ole dig  I can see where this is going.
[qoute]

Sorry if I sounded a bit suspicious, I just wanted to have direct contact with the develeoper so that I could provide some feedback.

No puns or ponnies intended.
2016/12/18 09:22:45
ghanedan
By the way;

One should not share the AV version one uses, because it will provide a security breach for attackers :)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account