• SONAR
  • Sonar on Ryzen - Investigative Thread
2017/03/04 22:48:09
BRuys
Hi Guys,

Now that I have my first teething issues sorted with running Sonar on my new Ryzen DAW, I am going to be testing and tweaking and reporting my findings here.  This is just the start of a journey of discovery on how well this new AMD platform is suited to DAW use.

The first thing I have noticed is how well cores balance up on the Ryzen.  So in this first post, I thought I would post a couple of images.  This is Sonar Platinum playing back a 25-track project.  I have loaded up a combination of 5 heavy plugins per track (multiband compressors, reverbs, linear phase multiband, etc). Playback buffer size is 64 samples.

Keep in mind that all my current settings are out of the box.  This is a fresh install of Sonar and I have not made any tweaks at all other than the ASIO buffer size.  Below are the Sonar CPU meter and the Windows CPU performance graph.  I don't think I've ever seen such even load balancing:

If you guys have any specific tests you'd like me to do, let me know.  In the mean time I will start setting Sonar up the way I like and report back on my continued findings.  I will update my signature shortly with full system specs.

Bill.
2017/03/05 01:36:49
InstrEd
Good luck with the testing. Can you do a test with synths like z3ta Rapture to check load balancing. What interface are you using?
2017/03/05 05:22:40
DeZorganiZator
Create video canal on YouTube with all your test . I think it very be helpful for who want buy this CPU .
2017/03/06 04:27:50
Todd Page
following..... very closely
2017/03/09 03:42:11
fayettec@gmail.com
Me Too. Just ordered a MB for my future 1700.
2017/03/09 11:17:16
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
You guys did see that, didn't you?

http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3570167

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account