• Software
  • How to Use Cakewalk DX and DXi in Studio One! Really! (p.4)
2017/11/28 01:38:13
telecharge
Thanks, Craig. These DLLs opened up the instruments and FX you listed in 3 of my other DAWs. Studio One isn't one of them.
2017/11/28 01:54:45
pharohoknaughty
I went and looked at the wrapper website and it looks kind of half baked.

I think I will just discard all of my Dx stuff. Very reluctantly.

I can't handle half done freeware stuff any more, but that's just me.

But I will also keep an eye on this because I will really miss my old plug ins
2017/11/28 03:52:06
ptheisen
There obviously are many factors to consider when deciding a long term approach to the ultimate demise of Sonar, but if DX plugins and instruments are important to you and you don't want to depend on questionable third party software, Reaper is one of the few DAWs that supports them natively.
2017/11/28 04:19:01
cecelius2
A couple of questions to help clarify the method.  My DX effects and DXi instruments are in two different Cakewalk folders. 

Did you put the two shells in both the Cakewalk Shared Plugins folder and also in the Shared DXi folder or just in one?  And then you just point the DAW scanner to both of them? 

When I tried this, the Sonnitus effects showed up in Cubase, but not the DXi instruments?
2017/11/28 04:30:26
outland144k
Thanks yet again, Craig. I checked a few in Studio One. Sonitus:Compressor was the only so far not to work (though as a Robotizing FX it might have some use ).
2017/11/28 04:37:27
Amicus717
outland144k
Thanks yet again, Craig. I checked a few in Studio One. Sonitus:Compressor was the only so far not to work (though as a Robotizing FX it might have some use ).

I had the exact same result in Samplitude. I wonder why only the compressor does that...the rest work great, including the multiband compressor.
2017/11/28 04:48:39
Keni
Sonitus didn't turn up in Mixcraft when i started, but now with these dll's in place it seems all but the compressor (distorted) work fine...

Thanks. They will be handy... too bad about the compressor...
2017/11/28 05:41:59
losguy
Oh man! The Sonitus Compressor is a favorite go-to for transparent sweetening. Was so hopeful till I read that part. But still, thanks Mr. Anderton for the great tips!
2017/11/28 06:55:38
SMcNamara
I can confirm the wrapper works in Studio One.  However, as with others, the Sonitus Compressor did not work (just a buzzing noise that ends when the limiter button is turned off), and the Gate did not work either.  The rest worked fine.  Not all of the instrument-related ones worked through (one of the Strum ones, and some keyboard ones -- keyboard activity is shown but no movement on the plugin keyboards and their midi lights stay dark; not a major loss considering the other instruments I have).

Steve
2017/11/28 07:07:19
Woodyoflop
I've managed to use the LP EQ and various Sonar effects in Studio one. But not the overloud plugins unfortunately nor the BT plugs.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account