• Software
  • How to Use Cakewalk DX and DXi in Studio One! Really! (p.5)
2017/11/28 07:14:22
telecharge
Woodyoflop
But not the overloud plugins unfortunately nor the BT plugs.

Yeah, they're locked to SONAR, as is Breverb, Adaptive Limiter, ProChannel, and maybe one or two more I'm forgetting.
2017/11/28 07:28:54
cecelius2
I got them working in Studio One 3.  Cubase is acting a little more stuburn, but I did get it also to work the DX effects okay.  
Thanks for this thread!
2017/11/28 07:37:20
pilutiful
Hey hey! Thanks Craig.
2017/11/28 13:13:36
BJN
cool

2017/11/28 14:53:07
Johannes H
@ ptheisen.
  When i remove the dx wrappers, the dx plugins disappears from the plugin list, so it seems that  they are needed.
2017/11/28 15:13:07
ptheisen
Thanks for confirming, Johannes. I guess the language on the Acoustica web site is not really accurate then.
2017/11/28 15:46:59
ptheisen
My guess about the compressor and gate not working via the wrapper is that these are the two plugins that have potential side-chaining functionality, and the wrapper does not deal with it gracefully.

Interestingly, these same two plugins do NOT appear in Reaper, which does handle all the other DX plugins "natively". I'm now thinking that Reaper is also using the same (or a very similar) wrapper behind the scenes, and adds a little bit of logic to filter out the two plugins that it knows won't work properly.
2017/11/28 16:26:03
pilutiful
Can you automate envelopes as usual?
2017/11/28 18:28:01
losguy
This thread got me to thinking - the xlutop stuff was associated with a product they used to make called Chainer, the guts of which they eventually gave away. That triggered a memory of other FX chain tools that could host DX(i) plugs and then themselves appear as VST(i) plugs. I never got too far into that, as SONAR supports DX(i) natively and has great routing already, not to mention how they later introduced FX chains of their own. But it could be worth trying other wrappers/routers/racks to see if they work better with rogue DX plugs like Sonitus Compressor & Gate (and/or others).

I did some digging and found these, though there may be others:

vb-audio DxRack
http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/us/products/dxrack/dxrack.htm

Patchwork (Blue Cat Audio)
https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_PatchWork/
(do not explicitly say that DX is hosted, but it is listed as one of the contained technology standards) 

Console
http://console.jp/en/index.html

Not sure of the current state of these... some are a bit long in the tooth, but may still work, at least as well as the xlutop stuff.

I still need to get around to obtaining a license of SO and getting up to speed on it. But in the meantime if anyone has the time & energy to try any of these please have at it and let us all know!!

2017/11/29 04:40:50
Muzock
Will those files to download work on Sonar X3?  Because I loved TTS and I could never use it since X1 I think.  Somebody told me it does't work with 88,2 sample rate...

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account