• Software
  • How to Use Cakewalk DX and DXi in Studio One! Really! (p.9)
2017/12/17 17:45:51
JonD
ptheisen
Johannes H,
The web page below seems to indicate that Mixcraft should work natively with DX plugins. Are you saying that DX plugins did not work in Mixcraft prior to doing the procedure that Craig posted?

https://www.acoustica.com/plugins/vst-directx.htm

That info is outdated.  Mixcraft dropped Direct X support with version 7 (Current version is 8).
2017/12/17 17:57:57
JonD
I found some old references to another free DX wrapper FFX-4 (Bottom of page):

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/us/products/dxrack/dxrack.htm

Anyone want to give it a whirl and see if it's any better than the one from xlutop?  I would, but don't have Studio One installed.
2017/12/18 03:30:19
soens
Trying it out. Like SAW this looks like a very archaic & cryptic company/website not intended for general public. Looks like some stuff requires a $59 usb slothog. Go HERE for free plugins, mostly from 1998. This utility is dated 2008. It's also the only one listed on KVR. FFX-16 is over $100 if you need more than 4 DXs chained. VB Price List page.
2017/12/18 06:07:47
losguy
DX/DXi as a plugin format is basically a relic. I remember first reading about it as being advantageous because of how it leveraged DirectX and so it somehow "fit" better into the Windows architecture. The standard never really caught on in plugin market, not like VST, AU and AAX did. Not sure why, but it could have been because of certain complexities with installation/registering that overshadowed any technical advantage.

Anyway, as there is really no market for DX plugs, it really is a remarkable gift that these wrapper plugs even exist.
2017/12/24 10:15:05
bombshelboy
anyone know what the other files in that folder are? Like Pvst or Winamp vst? Noticed they lacked a readme, but I do wonder about them lol

2017/12/25 02:08:24
scook
The some DAW makers install both 32bit and 64bit in the same folder, like MAGIX does with Samplitude.
2017/12/25 04:32:00
JonD
soens
Trying it out. Like SAW this looks like a very archaic & cryptic company/website not intended for general public. Looks like some stuff requires a $59 usb slothog. Go HERE for free plugins, mostly from 1998. This utility is dated 2008. It's also the only one listed on KVR. FFX-16 is over $100 if you need more than 4 DXs chained. VB Price List page.

If it works, I doubt anyone will care about the website or how old it is.  I only offered the link because people have reported issues with the other wrapper, and this one was referenced in a few old threads.

So what's the verdict?  Does Sonitus compressor work okay?  (That's the plug users reported as glitchy with the other wrapper).
2017/12/25 06:34:57
soens
Once I thought it did but now it's dead in Samplitude and noisy in Mixcraft and I haven't installed SO3 Pro yet.

SO3 Prime can't use outside plugins.
2017/12/25 12:36:02
cclarry
Thanx Criag!
2017/12/25 16:33:31
scook
soens
Once I thought it did but now it's dead in Samplitude

No need for DXshell wrapper in Samplitude. There is DX support built into the DAW.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account