• SONAR
  • Praise for Noel Borthwick and Craig Anderton
2018/01/08 06:10:46
aahladas
I don't say this to exclude others at Cakewalk, but I want to give a shout out to Noel and Craig. Both have been involved with the community here for many years, and have provided valuable help to Sonar users. I've read Craig's books and online writings for so long I can't remember the first, but he has been a constant help to people starting out, and recording at home. Knowing that he was involved with Cakewalk for a short time seemed like a perfect fit, and I think he helped improve the product. I know he keeps up with everything, so he'll have plenty to do, but want to say that your work has been helpful to me and many others.

As for Noel, he is the biggest reason I stayed with and had confidence in Sonar. For the CTO of the company to be as involved with the user base as he has been is very unusual, and is the main reason I stayed with Sonar for so long. No other software company has ever been more responsive to its users. Some people will always complain, but most companies don't even try. I always felt like Cakewalk really cared about what their users thought, and that was unique. It is a real shame that the company would be dealt with this way, and I wish it could have just been sold again. But I wanted to say what great work Noel did for a long time, and ask everyone to give him a round of virtual applause.
2018/01/08 18:06:57
LLyons
I agree - both Noel and Craig have provided much to my knowledge/skill base, and a level of comfort with my continued use of Sonar.  The entire team provided a very cost effective and wide tool set throughout the years, and for that, I am grateful.
2018/01/08 19:52:36
msmcleod
Agree absolutely.

Noel, Craig - thanks for all giving us such an incredible DAW.

And of course, my thanks also goes to all the Bakers, and wish you all the best in the future.

Mark.
2018/01/08 19:58:56
kzmaier
Thanks to Noel, Craig, and ALL the Cakewalk team past and present!!!  All your help throughout the years is priceless!  

Sonar quality and features are at an all time high in my book!!!

Long Live Cakewalk Sonar!!!
2018/01/08 20:35:15
Anderton
Noel's the one, not me, who deserves the props for what made SONAR the program it is/was. I was just a long-time SONAR user with a penchant for sharing what I learned in a variety of ways - books, this forum, workshops, and the Sound on Sound column (which I'm still writing).

I get a kick out of helping people, but also from a practical standpoint, it comes back a hundredfold: for example I think most of the reviews for my latest album have been written by people who found out about me from the SONAR forums 
2018/01/08 20:49:59
panup
Yesterday I was amazed to to read that there were only SONAR 4-6 developers at Cakewalk. They all must have been very experienced, talented and enthusiastic programmers capable of maintaining and developing a program that has grown to millions of lines of code.

Listen the Momentum demo, Noel playing Coltrane. Superb stuff.  I wonder if he can improvize over Giant Steps chord progression...
2018/01/08 21:21:03
chuckebaby
panup
Yesterday I was amazed to to read that there were only SONAR 4-6 developers at Cakewalk.

Same here. not only was I surprised, I was impressed.
2018/01/09 00:37:54
Tim Flannagin
+100 These guys are a lot of what kept me around so long. It's also what me to keep buying the next Cakewalk product over the years . I figured with support from guys this dedicated, I couldn't go wrong. Turns out  I was correct. In the end, lack of quality or enthusiastic support had nothing to do with Cakewalk's demise.
2018/01/09 09:38:28
tonydude
The knowledge and experience I've picked up from Noel and Craig has helped me be more productive and even helped during transition to another DAW.
2018/01/09 13:57:51
aahladas
Anderton
Noel's the one, not me, who deserves the props for what made SONAR the program it is/was. I was just a long-time SONAR user with a penchant for sharing what I learned in a variety of ways - books, this forum, workshops, and the Sound on Sound column (which I'm still writing).

I get a kick out of helping people, but also from a practical standpoint, it comes back a hundredfold: for example I think most of the reviews for have been written by people who found out about me from the SONAR forums 

Thanks again, man. Your book Home Recording for Musicians was my starting point. 

I'm buying a Mac and moving to Logic and Pro Tools, not because I want to, but because I don't want this to happen again, and I figure they'll be the last to evaporate. I feel like Gibson owes me the money, and I even feel slightly less favorable about my Les Paul right now. I don't know exactly what went down, but it had to be business and money, because the product and support, including yours, were second to none.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account