• SONAR
  • Hello from BandLab [Updated 21/3/2018] (p.3)
2018/02/23 17:57:16
SandlinJohn
meng
Quick note as it was asked about in another thread - the reason why I am not using the word SONAR when referring to the new flagship product is not because it's planned to be a different product, it's just that we're doing the legal/brand work to make sure calling it that would be the right thing to do and wouldn't cause any confusion in the market given the circumstances over the last couple of months. You can take it to mean "future version of SONAR, or whatever it might be called". 

Thank you, meng! If feels a little funny to Welcome the owner to the show... but, Welcome!

SONAR as a product has transitioned owners before, so keeping the name is not unprecedented. Of course that was when the company Cakewalk transitioned with it, so it was always Cakewalk SONAR and then a by line with the owning company name.

I look forward to seeing how you take SONAR into the future and hope for the best success. Of course, as the customer, I like the idea that I should not have to pay more money to use what I already have. There were hints of really cool stuff in the December update that never happened, and it'd be nice to see what that would have been, but I'm going to echo the call for emphasis on stability, though I shy away from calling for that to be the only priority.

This is an exciting day for most of use longtime fans and users of Cakewalk and SONAR (and the various other products). I started with a command line based MS-DOS version - Cakewalk 2.0 (as shown in my profile picture), 28 years ago. While I did not purchase every upgrade during that time, I've purchased several and expect, despite purchasing Lifetime updates for SONAR Platinum, that I will again.
2018/02/23 17:57:25
Makzimia
Quite the entrance Meng.  The eyes of the cakewalk world are on you :). Feel the heat?. 
2018/02/23 17:59:35
Kman88
Meng,

Thanks for taking up the company and keeping it alive!

Many of us purchased lifetime subscriptions for Cakewalk. Will that be honored?

Thank you,

Kevin Keough

Cakewalk user from day one.
2018/02/23 18:02:10
CTStump
Kman88
Meng,

Thanks for taking up the company and keeping it alive!

Many of us purchased lifetime subscriptions for Cakewalk. Will that be honored?

Thank you,

Kevin Keough

Cakewalk user from day one.

Please read his OP, that explains it as it stands for the moment.
2018/02/23 18:03:37
Chregg
wwlcome
2018/02/23 18:08:12
Sir William
Thank you and welcome Meng. Very encouraging. I shall relax.
2018/02/23 18:09:37
Starise
Thank you Meng. You tuned what looked to some like a dead end into a new beginning! Kudos to you!
2018/02/23 18:15:33
daryl1968
This really is fabulous news.
Thanks for a great introduction Meng - best of luck.
2018/02/23 18:18:03
TearOfTheStar
Phew, that's some good news! Just don't forget about Cakewalk products users on Steam. :)
2018/02/23 18:19:53
losguy
Hello Meng, and thank you for your gracious introduction. This development certainly is exciting and I look forward to what you will be putting together.

Also, thanks in advance for keeping the forum alive!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account