• SONAR
  • Hello from BandLab [Updated 21/3/2018] (p.72)
2018/03/16 18:55:28
Wookiee
Can we bring this back to the origins of this thread which is a Hello from the new peeps in charge, not a discussion on the direction of SONAR or TDPKAS.

Thanks.
2018/03/16 19:36:06
ch.huey
Earwax
ch.huey
You have not drawn ire..

No? Then why this…
(snipped)

ch.huey
…and I doubt Bandlab does either.

Given that I’ve heretofore posted significantly less verbiage in this admittedly silly back and forth, I suggest you reassess your contribution to others time wasted.

ch.huey
I asked if he ever sat down with an instrument, wrote music and lyrics, figured out an arrangement, then used his software as a tool to record his composition, revise it and then improve it. He hadn't. I guess it hadn't occured to him that he could do that, or that anyone ever did that at any point.

The reason I asked if you got that impression of his musical awareness directly from him, or from a discussion with his mom, is that I just can’t imagine sitting and chatting with a kid about music, only to have him tell me he’s not aware of the songwriting process you described. He may not like that process, or know how it works, or even know how to approach it, but to be totally unaware of it? Sounds like a great teaching moment to me.

Earwax,
I have a very detailed response that answers your question that you put in bold and underline since it seems so important to you to find the answer to for some reason, as well as your other comments, that I tried to send you via PM. I'm not posting it here for the reasons stated before. PM me so I can respond with it, or open your PMs so I can send it to you, but I won't go into it in public as it doesn't contribute to the thread. 

2018/03/16 20:41:14
Paul P
groverken
If you have a registered copy of Sonar Platinum it is already set for 'lifetime use' just like Office 2010. I'm just looking forward to the next BandLab announcement so that (hopefully) we can finally drop all this "lifetime updates" dialogue!

Not if the authentication server is taken offline.

2018/03/17 03:05:58
mumpcake
I hope Meng remembers that his new IP contains some groovy instruments.  Here's a poll on KVR wondering which one he should update first:
http://www.kvraudio.com/f...c.php?f=1&t=501604

2018/03/17 04:34:55
Kamikaze
oops, wrng thread

2018/03/17 07:06:08
Gmichaelhall
Congratulations, welcome and thank you for taking the time to stop by the forum and provide such optimism for the future of Sonar-Lab. The Bakers really did have the DAW on a path of reliable stability and efficiency in work flow and I can only imagine any growing pangs from this promising merger will be welcomed by all loyal users. Though I have to be able to float between various DAW systems, for producing and arranging, Sonar has been my go to for years. Knowing I will be able to continue to work in its environment really means alot to me. So much so, soon as there is a path to reaffirm my lifetime update plan, you can count on patronage. Best wishes for the now impending release date and if there is an email list to address the FAQS and rolling facts please tell me where to sign up. Kind regards, Michael ✌️
2018/03/17 07:44:06
mudgel
Gmichaelhall
..................... So much so, soon as there is a path to reaffirm my lifetime update plan, you can count on patronage. ..........Kind regards, Michael ✌️

There is no Lifetime update Plan nor will it be reaffirmed. It was offered by Cakewalk, a company that no longer exists. BandLab bought the Assets and Intellectual Property. What has been planned is that a Flagship product (yet to be named) is in the process of being prepared for release in the next few weeks to month, that will be available as a free crossgrade to all Sonar owners. For confirmation please see the first post in this thread from the new owner, Meng.
2018/03/17 14:03:34
poetnprophet
Hello and thank you for the news and updates.  I've read most of this thread and share much of the same sentiment and anticipation that fellow users have here.  While I would be content with just keeping Sonar as-is indefinitely, I do hope that the product lives on in some form.  I have also been on the hunt for an alternative DAW, yet I am still using Sonar as of now, so that means something, right?

However, I would like to make a HUGE request.  

VS700 SUPPORT!

I know that this product is 1) not very popular and 2) no longer supported by anyone, but I've had this unit since launch and I need it in my life.  In my hunt for another DAW, there are NONE that have the integrated functionality this has with Sonar.  I can't even come close no matter what I try.  Sure I can get another controller and interface, but a complete motorized console integration with a DAW, clean quality preamps, AD conversion, plenty of I/O options, headphone outs...you just can't get an all in one system like that right now unless you go SSL.  And, to be honest, having the Cakewalk badge on the equipment really means something to me as a 20+ year user of CW/Sonar.  And to be even more honest....I would probably jump to another DAW if there is no more support for VS700, because let's face it, the DAW, the interface, the controls - they all need to work together well.  

Please please please consider this!
Cheers,
Dave
2018/03/17 14:42:21
ben1973

In the meantime while wondering if anyone was going to pick Sonar back up, I made the switch to the full version of Studio One.  The only way I would come back to Sonar (which I did love) is if they completely honored the lifetime warranty I bought.  I love Sonar, but I have been forced to move on, and I'm a little apprehensive about coming back.

Ben

2018/03/17 15:11:09
InstrEd
ben1973

In the meantime while wondering if anyone was going to pick Sonar back up, I made the switch to the full version of Studio One.  The only way I would come back to Sonar (which I did love) is if they completely honored the lifetime warranty I bought.  I love Sonar, but I have been forced to move on, and I'm a little apprehensive about coming back.
 Ben

I do see your point, but the lifetime warranty is gone. Not to hard to understand.
Look to see what the new rebranded DAW offers and go from there.
I brought Samplitude, Waveform and Studio One 3.5 and I'm glad I did. They all bring something new/different to the table.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account