• Hardware
  • **SOLVED- Sort of -**Using more than 2 inputs on Scarlett 6i6 (p.2)
2018/03/16 16:40:46
Cactus Music
Yes it's nice to have 2 systems. one studio and one for mobile. As I just said I swapped duty and now use my Tascam for the studio and the Scarlett for mobile.   Reason is I am at this point not recording any bands. I've set up my laptop and once I put my parts down it will go to my partners house so he can record his parts, Banjo, vocals and a 12 string. He's retired so has lot's of time on his hands and will be good distraction for him learning how to record with a DAW. 
Curt is an amazing banjo player but we are both getting on and we need to document these old songs before we fade away :)  We have over 60 songs we will record. 

Are you going to look for a second interface? Possibly the Tascam 4x4?  I like the looks of it. 
http://tascam.com/product/us-4x4/specifications/

As you can see all 4 channels can be used for either, mike line or instrument. And it has the mix control on the front panel. 2x headphone out as well. 

2018/03/16 20:01:05
fireberd
That is one choice but I'm "gun shy" about Tascam.  I tried an 8 channel unit and the headphone out had low level hum in it (it was in the Tascam unit as I didn't get any headphone hum with any other unit). But for a backup unit that may never be used it may be OK.

Not sure what I'm going to get, but it will have at least 4 mic/instrument preamps.

I still need 8 channels for recording.  I did an "on site" recording yesterday of our Cowboy Church band (I'm one of them) plus two singers (the Pastor and another singer).  I had two channels for the drums, one for the Bass, one for the lead guitar, one for my Pedal Steel Guitar, one for the Rhythm Guitar and two for singers.   I did a live recording of our regular band, at a show, about 6 months ago; it was two for drums, one for bass, one for lead, one for my steel, one for rhythm guitar and two mic's for singer and backup singer.   For the drums, I have one kick drum mic and I have a Ribbon that use as an "overhead" for the rest of the drums - works good for "country".

I probably got you and the friend beat.  I was 80 last December (and still going like I did when I was 60)......

Jack 
2018/03/17 04:39:57
Cactus Music
Ha Ha, Wow I didn't anybody here was older than me..( 65)  I think you get the prize for that Jack ! 
But ya, we've been playing music together for over 30 years now. 
It was like this Circus act I saw once, The young people were all called the AMAZING such an such , the old guy was called the LEGENDARY. 

My Tascam us1641 headphone output is wimpy but quiet. 
2018/03/18 21:34:00
fireberd
Well, the 6i6 is gone. Sold to a guy in California.  Now to look for something else.

2018/03/21 22:53:27
fireberd
Picked up a new Tascam 4X4.  Good enough for a "backup" unit that will mostly collect dust.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account