• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.74)
2018/12/06 20:36:24
kc23
fresh101
Feature request= Plugin menu sub folder/categories.

for instance, inside your synth folder you could make your own folders for your analog, wavetable, FM, subtractive synths, etc.
Or similarly for EQ types, and the like.

Go to Plugin manager and setup your folders for plugins and softsynths however you like, including folders within folders.

Cakewalk is one of the few daws that let you customize your plugins folder however you like. And the feature has been there for a while, at least since 2011.
2018/12/08 16:43:15
astaub
"You can appreciate my reluctance to get to "handsy" with this...it will be all or nothing by the end of it."

And the earth is still turning.

The BandLab assistant crashed yesterday while updating in the background. He did not want to work anymore. After that I installed it manually. Now he works again as version 4.0.0

We are surfing on a tsunami called Internet, on a thin board that can break anytime - a little more positive thinking, please!
2018/12/10 15:21:15
martins guit
hello cakelab my request is about the abilty to save buss-template (like track-template)
thanks martin
2018/12/11 18:24:29
garethcoker
I have a request. For large projects, the save feature takes an incredible amount of time.

Anyway to implement background saving? Or at least a way to save that doesn't result in 10 seconds of waiting for the progress bar to complete?
2018/12/12 06:22:47
Psychobillybob
astaub
"You can appreciate my reluctance to get to "handsy" with this...it will be all or nothing by the end of it."

And the earth is still turning.

The BandLab assistant crashed yesterday while updating in the background. He did not want to work anymore. After that I installed it manually. Now he works again as version 4.0.0

We are surfing on a tsunami called Internet, on a thin board that can break anytime - a little more positive thinking, please!

Well...if you had read any of my previous posts you would see I am no novice to Cakewalks dive into destruction...

$60.00 Reaper.
In one week I am up and running with all my paid for Cakewalk plug-ins and synths...midi works everything works has not crashed even once, opens every-time I click on it.
I'm done here...Bandlab is a wonderful toy, but it will NEVER find use in a serious studio environment if it acts the way it did with me.
Peace out enjoy the ride.
2018/12/12 07:50:53
petemus
Psychobillybob
Third I know its a memory leak because I have loaded it in debug mode into VS...besides the fact that whe I end "Cakewalk.exe" in taskmanager
IT DOES NOT END AND CONTINUES REGARDLESS OF RELOADING EXPLORER/ETC...

Maybe start Cakewalk.exe with Visual Studio debugger (or WinDbg) and when it hangs, check where its threads are at? You can also use Process Explorer from Sysinternals (a Micro$oft site) to see the thread stacks when the process gets stuck.

You should be able to see in which modules the threads are doing something, and even without actual debug info (PDB files) you can see some sort of a call stack, at least the DLLs the code execution takes place. Might be related to opening devices etc., since no plugins are loaded during startup. I think you can even take a debug dump of the hang-up situation and send it to Bakers...

A memory leak usually refers to a process which allocates memory or other resources but fails to free them, thus swelling up over time. Here, I think, the process remains stuck on something after having ditched the UI, but doesn't keep on eating up more memory. Well, it is sort of a memory leak in the sense that the hanging process takes up system resources that are no longer of any actual use for other processes.

2018/12/12 13:32:00
qzik
Yeah man agree with you, the should be on right and it should have Gain with Tab 1. Old gain tab 2. Should just gain with a slider and the db section where u will double click and enter the desired +/- gain eg i want 2db or -3db ect or just push a slider up/down or left/or right
2018/12/12 13:32:01
qzik
Yeah man agree with you, the should be on right and it should have Gain with Tab 1. Old gain tab 2. Should just gain with a slider and the db section where u will double click and enter the desired +/- gain eg i want 2db or -3db ect or just push a slider up/down or left/or right
2018/12/12 13:36:22
pwalpwal
if you can't kill the sonar process, it's usually because it can't (for whatever reason) release the audio driver... if the interface is external, just power-cycle it, causing windows and then sonar to drop the driver... if it's an internal card you can disable/re-enable it in control panel for the same result... this workaround has been around for yonks... having said that, sonar/cwb does seem to have more trouble in this area than other hosts (imo/ymmv, prolly depends on the particular driver) good luck!
2018/12/12 13:37:58
pwalpwal
(hmm, editing that post removed all the line-breaks)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account