• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.75)
2018/12/13 00:34:16
Psychobillybob
pwalpwal
if you can't kill the sonar process, it's usually because it can't (for whatever reason) release the audio driver... if the interface is external, just power-cycle it, causing windows and then sonar to drop the driver... if it's an internal card you can disable/re-enable it in control panel for the same result... this workaround has been around for yonks... having said that, sonar/cwb does seem to have more trouble in this area than other hosts (imo/ymmv, prolly depends on the particular driver) good luck!

Thanks for the input, there was a time when Cakewalk and Sonar were really worth working in, the user base and forums were incredibly helpful with tons of very quality members, as I see tyhe current model, it is driven to promote "other" things, Bandlab and whatever else they are selling...

I just dished out $199 of AATranslaor so I can export all my projects in OMF and RPP formats so I can change DAW software...its a shame because I have spent thousands of dollars on Cakewalk over the years, constantly upgrading from since it came out on floppys, Dimension Pro/etc...

I have owned several studios over the years and currently do sound design for theater, Sonar is no longer dependable nor user friendly...I just spent an hour opening up 1 project so I could export it...I had to restart explorer/ shut down Cakewalk.exe/Sonar/Bandlab at least 6 times before I could even open a file...

I have a pile of useless Sonar discs now.

You either get wisdom or money.

Wisdom see's the writing on the wall here.
2018/12/13 02:56:12
jbagge

.... or you could just say "Thank you" for the free software and leave it at that.

2018/12/14 00:39:45
micv
New request for an old feature:  Bring back the good old Clip's gain envelope.  The 'take lane' gain envelop is finicky and I've never have the need to have gain envelope for the entire lane.
2018/12/15 03:03:02
cyberzip
micv
New request for an old feature:  Bring back the good old Clip's gain envelope.  The 'take lane' gain envelop is finicky and I've never have the need to have gain envelope for the entire lane.

What, are clip gain envelopes not available in CbB? (I'm still on the last SPlat...)
2018/12/18 22:35:29
micv
cyberzip
micv

What, are clip gain envelopes not available in CbB? (I'm still on the last SPlat...)

Clip Gain env works the same way in CbB as in SPlat.  I like the way it was before the Take Lanes concept where each clip is its own object.  You can move it around and the envelops stayed with the clip. 
There are so many issues with Take Lanes, for example:
You cannot edit an envelop after you move it to another lane or location.  The 'dot' you draw on the env also somehow got drawn (randomly) at some other envelop if you select a timeframe, when create a gain env, it creates gain env for all the clips in that lane, etc.
2018/12/19 09:56:35
burgerproduction
I was wondering if Cakewalk/Bandlab are going to develop their own ASIO drivers in the future.
I've had hit and miss experiences with ASIO4ALL and various others. I'd love to see A Sonar version which works seamlessly, so that we can leave behind the WASAPI drivers.
2018/12/19 13:00:43
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
burgerproduction
I was wondering if Cakewalk/Bandlab are going to develop their own ASIO drivers in the future.
I've had hit and miss experiences with ASIO4ALL and various others. I'd love to see A Sonar version which works seamlessly, so that we can leave behind the WASAPI drivers.

ASIO drivers are hardware specific. ASIO4ALL is simply a wrapper for the stock WDM drivers from Windows. You'll see the best performance using an audio interface with its own dedicated ASIO drivers.
2018/12/19 15:41:28
burgerproduction
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]

ASIO drivers are hardware specific. ASIO4ALL is simply a wrapper for the stock WDM drivers from Windows. You'll see the best performance using an audio interface with its own dedicated ASIO drivers.

The reason I mention this is because, while using the WASAPI drivers, I've been getting unaligned recordings in Cakewalk/Bandlab. While monitering, I have no delay, but on playback I find I need to nudge all the files [left 3] to align them correctly. I don't get this when using ASIO drivers. The only solution I've found is to use Magix Low Latency ASIO drivers (also a wrapper, I think) with an AT2020 USB+ microphone, which I've found to be more stable than ASIO4ALL.  
When working with USB keyboard inputs, I don't get this problem with the WASAPI drivers; only with the AT2020 mic.
Since Magix had their own drivers, I thought maybe Cakewalk/Bandlab might.
2018/12/19 16:10:37
KPerry
Ironically, the Magix Low Latency ASIO driver is a rebreand of ASIO4All...
2018/12/19 16:27:40
scook
burgerproduction
while using the WASAPI drivers, I've been getting unaligned recordings in Cakewalk/Bandlab. While monitering, I have no delay, but on playback I find I need to nudge all the files [left 3] to align them correctly.

Try setting a manual offset in the Record Latency Adjustment section of preferences.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account