2018/04/01 21:15:11
mikaelbystrom
I'm online but starting Command Center 1.2.3 and opening up Z3TA+ 2.2 in Live 9 doesn't trigger any activation. If I do the offline activation the file is accepted and I get a .dat file back that I import just to get this message from Z3TA+ 2.2: 
And there is no Technical support. I thought Cakewalk/Gibson said they wouldn't allow this to happen? Maybe it's the Bandlab purchase and Bandlab would just love to screw over us users with total silence on how to handle existing licenses?

Update: OK, so read up on the Bandlab purchase and the thread in Sonar only to realize that more than a month later I have no apparent way to activate my Cakewalk products. I did create a Bandlab account and verified it, but so far I see nothing on how to actually get my products activated.
2018/04/02 00:23:10
abacab
Did you try running the standalone version of Z3TA+ 2.2 after installing it from the Cakewalk Command Center?
2018/04/02 08:37:16
mikaelbystrom
abacab
Did you try running the standalone version of Z3TA+ 2.2 after installing it from the Cakewalk Command Center?

I'm on Mac. There is no standalone Z3TA+ 2 version as far as I can see. I even re-installed to make sure. Bandlab have said recently cakewalk.com is inoperative even if sections "might work". You need a Bandlab account with the same email address as on Cakewalk to have your accounts automatically transferred. What I lack is information on what do to next. There's no current area at Bandlab where you can see your software and no activation area I could find either.
2018/04/02 13:09:02
abacab
If you can install from CCC, there shouldn't be an activation necessary.  That is supposed to be handled through CCC.
2018/04/03 13:24:39
mikaelbystrom
abacab
If you can install from CCC, there shouldn't be an activation necessary.  That is supposed to be handled through CCC.

This is what I meant with this activation function being "broken", OK? It doesn't work! Have you tried activating anything since Bandlab's announcement?
2018/04/03 14:30:33
scook
There have been several posts by users installing SONAR using the Command Center after the BandLab announcement. The activation process was part of the BandLab purchase and has been discussed in the SONAR area. Unfortunately, I have no way to test Mac products. I am not sure if BandLab support is ready for Cakewalk related support questions or if there will be a separate contact for them. It is all pretty new.
2018/04/03 14:43:32
abacab
mikaelbystrom

Have you tried activating anything since Bandlab's announcement?

Yes, I have and it worked.  The activation servers still appear to be online and working, and that has been BandLab's clear intent.  So I have no idea where your issue is at.

One question I have seen come up with a few users is an issue with their product needing to be re-activated.  Usually logging out of CCC and back in corrects the issue.   Maybe worth a try.  Try any other DAWs yet?  Live could be the issue.

As with what scook stated, I don't run a Mac either, so no way to test that.  Good luck!
2018/04/04 20:45:37
mikaelbystrom
scookThe activation process was part of the BandLab purchase and has been discussed in the SONAR area.

What purchase is this? The official Bandlab information ties existing product licenses to accounts made with the same email address as with Cakewalk. There was no talk about purchases as far as I could see.
2018/04/04 20:48:59
abacab
He was referring to the Cakewalk assets that were purchased by BandLab, including the activation servers and processes for the legacy products.
2018/04/04 20:49:41
scook
mikaelbystrom
What purchase is this?

BandLab's purchase of Cakewalk IP from Gibson

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account