• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.86)
2018/10/05 13:52:35
scook
2018/10/05 14:39:59
optimus
Thanks  scook.
Interesting.
2018/10/05 15:47:11
stevec
As someone who uses slip-stretching fairly often, this is freakin' great!  I especially appreciate this little blurb from the link above: "Elastique Efficient is now the default online stretch method instead of Groove stretching".

2018/10/05 18:42:14
user390096
Could the new stretching feature have something to do with Melodyne 4.2 not working correctly?
2018/10/14 00:31:12
iRelevant
Just updated from 2018.06 to 2018.09.0.29. Love what has happened with the Step Sequencer. Fantastic. It's like a dream come true. Thank you very much :) 

Unfortunately it crashed as soon as I touched a key on my MIDI keyboard (Alesis Photon X25). 
Message was : A fatal error has ocurred. Module : ..\FaderPort.dll. Which is weird as I didn't have this controller connected at the moment. Issue was resolved by simply removing it as a control surface in settings, then adding it again. After that it can be unplugged without causing a crash, when not present while playing the MIDI keyboard.

[Edit] I'm having major problems with my OS (Win7x64) at the moment, an will probably need to do a reinstall. Can barely access my own files anymore because of mess with lack of permissions. Can no longer change the settings for my audio driver. Guess that mostly explains my problems. 
2018/10/14 09:23:06
Kamikaze
iRelevant
Love what has happened with the Step Sequencer. Fantastic. It's like a dream come true.

What did they do?
2018/10/14 12:16:24
Maizve
Love the new look. Im coming from Sonar Producer X1. I was skeptical about running it. I feared it might uninstall Sonar X1. Everything is in the same spot as before. All my projects are there. My preferences stayed the same. I like the lens feature. 

Thanks BandLab. 
2018/10/16 11:20:37
eve_ripper
What happened to step sequencer?
2018/10/17 01:25:07
iRelevant
I've embarrassed myself a bit here with my ignorance, actually the only thing that has happened is that I have discovered how great it is :D Never looked that deep into it, just registered it was there and used FLS via ReWire for step-sequenced stuff. Great new possibilities have opened up. Love the +/- tweakability of each note step, and the configurable randomness pr. step. Also love the ease at which parameters of a VSTi or external MIDI module can be set. Good stuff :) 
2018/10/18 00:04:30
JoseC.
iRelevant
I've embarrassed myself a bit here with my ignorance, actually the only thing that has happened is that I have discovered how great it is :D Never looked that deep into it, just registered it was there and used FLS via ReWire for step-sequenced stuff. Great new possibilities have opened up. Love the +/- tweakability of each note step, and the configurable randomness pr. step. Also love the ease at which parameters of a VSTi or external MIDI module can be set. Good stuff :) 

I like the configurable randomness per step used launching the step sequencer clips from the Matrix, and recording the output to the Track View. Is a very nice way of creating percussion variations.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account