2018/04/05 02:21:08
paul_fasone
That's good to know. I will have to look elsewhere then. This one bass program seems to be very straightforward in terms of resources, so I'm not sure what to check next.

All of the .flac files are playable in a simple media player. Nothing seems to be missing at this point. Do you have any ideas as to where I might go from here?
2018/04/05 18:18:41
scook
Sorry for the delay. It has been a little crazy with the release of Cakewalk. Just reviewed post #5. One thing you want to do is figure out where DP is getting sfz and sample data. I mentioned the default above. The actual location is found in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\dp\Multisample Folder.

Another thing that might be useful is see if the program plays in Rapture Session/Pro. You do not mention which synth is installed.

2018/04/05 23:32:24
paul_fasone
I actually had a look at this yesterday.  The location is set to:
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro

This agrees with what seems to be working.  Wasn't sure if DP was looking at this value or not, but apparently it is. I suppose this could be changed so that duplicate copes of sfz and sample files don't have to be kept, but I already started down the path of copying stuff to:
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro

I'll check on Rapture Pro being able to play the samples eventually, for now trying to get DP programs to work.  I found a couple of missing expansion packs that I purchased.  Many of them are no longer posted on the Cakewalk website.  I'm still missing DSP Classic Keys.  Do you know where I might find these?
2018/04/05 23:52:18
scook
I do recall where DSF Classic Keys came from. It may have been on the Additional Content disk that shipped with SONAR 8 or 8.5. I never looked for a download. While I changed PCs several times since buying DP and Rapture (i bought both almost the day they were released), I have always thrown away whatever gets installed in the mutisample folder and the contents of the parent of the programs folder, replacing them with the folders from the previous install. It was a lot easier for me rather than trying to find all the installers, custom sfz and samples.
2018/04/06 09:14:10
Kev999
Do you still have your old DAW? If so then just copy over the 2 sets of files, i.e. the multisamples and the programs, keeping their folder structures intact. These contain all the expansion packs correctly merged with the original files.
2018/04/06 12:30:21
paul_fasone
Kev999
Do you still have your old DAW? If so then just copy over the 2 sets of files, i.e. the multisamples and the programs, keeping their folder structures intact. These contain all the expansion packs correctly merged with the original files.

Unfortunately the old system experienced a boot drive failure.  I had backed up most of the installation files, but am missing DSF (Digital Sound Factory) V02 - Classic Keys and a few others?  Do you have any of these or know where I could find them?
2018/04/06 16:19:03
paul_fasone
scook
I do recall where DSF Classic Keys came from. It may have been on the Additional Content disk that shipped with SONAR 8 or 8.5. I never looked for a download. While I changed PCs several times since buying DP and Rapture (i bought both almost the day they were released), I have always thrown away whatever gets installed in the mutisample folder and the contents of the parent of the programs folder, replacing them with the folders from the previous install. It was a lot easier for me rather than trying to find all the installers, custom sfz and samples.

Not sure I understand your approach, but it's gotta be better than mine! LOL Do you know where I could obtain a copy of this 8.5 "additional content" disk or the files?  This appears to be part or all of what is missing. 

Also, as for the: "Error Uncompressing Program Data - Program Load Failed" error, I think you were onto something.  The beginning of the "RGC Jaco (at).prog" file starts with: RAPT$', so my assumption is that this is a Rapture program file.  I didn't account for the fact that there might be both Dimension and Rapture program files named: "RGC Jaco (at).prog".  The sample files are present, so the project is playing the program correctly, but if I try to reload the program, it fails.  If this is the case, eventually I will cleanup Rapture programs that I copied over to: C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs.  

In the meantime if you could help me locate some of these old DSF packs, that would be great.  
2018/04/06 17:04:01
scook
Obtaining installers is a company support issue. Unfortunately, you are caught in transition between companies (I am a user not an employee of Cakewalk or BandLab). If you have not created a BandLab account make sure to do so. In order to insure you Cakewalk account history gets transferred make sure to use the email address in your BandLab account is the same as the Cakewalk account.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account