• SONAR
  • What the "Cakewalk By Bandlab FREE Daw" really means in my opinion. And it's a good thing. (p.2)
2019/01/10 13:24:02
popstosh@gmail.com
I paid for Sonar thru many versions and now your giving it away free. That’s not fair to me Nd other users that spent their money?
2019/01/10 14:25:06
57Gregy
The "your" (sic) in your statement is not the same "your" who sold you that product.
You bought the program from Gibson.
Bandlab is giving it away free.
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Cakewalk-By-BandLab-is-here-Free-Available-for-Windows-now-Updated-4282018-m3743935.aspx

2019/01/10 16:21:23
jamesg1213
popstosh@gmail.com
I paid for Sonar thru many versions and now your giving it away free. That’s not fair to me Nd other users that spent their money?

If BandLab were charging for it, would that put money back in your pocket? No.

If there was a new version of Sonar, would you have bought it? Sounds like you would have.

Well, now you don't have to, it's free.

What's 'not fair' about that?

2019/01/11 00:08:29
Serious_Noize!
popstosh@gmail.com

Yes, you paid CAKEWALK before they were purchased by Bandlab, and you got what you paid for when you made your purchases FROM CAKEWALK.

Bandlab owe's you nothing but are generous enough to offer you what you've been paying for for FREE/ UPDATES/IMPROVEMENTS/FIXES. Why complain? 

Not to mention, they aren't giving away all the third party plugins that came with Sonar but you can still use them in Cakewalk by Bandlab now, that is if you purchased Sonar depending on what version, some of those plugins aren't available to everyone unless they purchased Sonar previously. Or in other words : They are giving away the DAW and a few extra plugins, not all the bells and whistle's/plugins  that everyone paid for when they purchased Sonar previously, if they purchased it previously they can still use them in Cakewalk by Bandlab. 

Time marches on my friend, this is a good thing and it isn't costing nobody nothing. I just hope the promotional factors for this venture can keep it going, or that is, Bandlab can make some money to keep it going, if so the sky is not the only limit. We shall see.  It's a great start though in my opinion. 

It's a WIN WIN for everybody. 

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account