2018/08/08 22:26:28
King Conga
OK, so I just finished a full and clean install of Platinum on Win10 Pro 64bit, and I'm loving it. I was having all sorts of issues before on Win7 Ent. Not sure if it was the OS or just the fact that I hadn't done a clean format in about 5 yrs. So actually, since I got Platinum I haven't really done a project yet cuz I was both occupied with other priorities, and issues with my whole DAW set up, so I never got AD2 completely setup with mapping on separate tracks in Platinum, and that's what I'm doing now. My problem is when I tap on my B4 (high 10" Tom) that lights up the meter on my Tom track, but none of the other toms do that correctly. There's other voices that don't map to the proper corresponding tracks as well, but I'm sure I can figure those out if I can figure out the secret to the first issue.  Any suggestions?
2018/08/09 19:53:14
abacab
Did you download and install the AD2 drum maps and track templates as described in the knowledge base article?

Setting up a Drum Map for Addictive Drums 2 in SONAR
https://www.cakewalk.com/...ctive-Drums-2-in-SONAR
2018/08/09 20:47:48
King Conga
I thought I did Abacab, but it's been so long, and I'm still not intimate with AD2, maybe I didn't. Thanks for the tip. I'm going to keep this thread open for now though.
2018/08/09 23:38:42
abacab
Well if you install the AD2 files, and then start with a blank Sonar project, you can get it all rolling by just entering: "Menu > Insert > Track Template > Soft Synth Track Templates > AD2 > AD2 Track.cwx".

You will get all the tracks that you need inserted in your project, plus the AD2 plugin, with the AD2 drum map in the Piano Roll view.

Track 15 is your MIDI track, which you can use to input the MIDI data for Addictive Drums 2. You can also insert any beat directly from Addictive Drums 2 onto track 15 by clicking the “Beats” tab in the upper-right corner of Addictive Drums 2, highlighting any beat and dragging it to Track 15.

The first track is a Master Track, which outputs all the sound from Addictive Drums 2 onto one stereo track. Most of the subsequent tracks are mono outputs for each individual drum from Addictive Drums 2, allowing you to process the audio from each drum kit piece individually. For convenience, the Overhead, Room, and Bus tracks are all formatted as stereo as well (as indicated by (ST) on the respective tracks. Note that processing in SONAR on any of these tracks will not affect how the AD2 Master (ST) track will sound; only processing within Addictive Drums 2 will affect the way this track sounds. This provides for lots of versatility, as you can use this track for things like parallel processing, having a dry track to compare to, or even having it muted altogether so you can monitor the individual kit pieces only.

Since you are now getting all of the individual outputs from AD2 so that you can mix them in Sonar, you may want to mute the AD2 Master track output so that you do not double up the sounds (the AD2 Master has all of the individual output tracks summed together).

In the AD2 "Kit" page (AD2 mixer) you can select the output mode for pre fader, or post fader, depending on whether you want to control any of the mix in AD2 before sending it over to Sonar.  The buttons for this menu are at the bottom of each channel strip in AD2.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account