2018/09/11 03:12:09
Leadfoot
Just messin around with an old Gary Wright song. I always liked this song, and thought it would sound cool if it was a little heavier. Just so ya know, the guitars don't sound very good, the mix isn't the greatest, etc., etc. I didn't spend much time on it. This was just for fun. Hope ya like it anyway.
https://www.bandlab.com/l...io/love-is-alive-77359
2018/09/11 04:10:54
eph221
Loved this.  Your voice is great.  And you changed it up just enough to make it your own.
2018/09/12 01:51:03
bjornpdx
Well you didn't build up the song much in your description, but it sounds pretty darn good to me.
You have a great rock n' roll voice.
2018/09/12 15:21:13
Leadfoot
eph221
Loved this.  Your voice is great.  And you changed it up just enough to make it your own.
Thank you eph! I appreciate the compliment(even though I'm self conscious of my voice). Glad you liked it. Thanks for listening!
2018/09/12 15:28:53
Leadfoot
bjornpdx
Well you didn't build up the song much in your description, but it sounds pretty darn good to me.
You have a great rock n' roll voice.
Thanks Bjorn! Yeah you're right. I didn't build it up because I know there are some things I would change if it was something I was actually planning on releasing. It was just for fun. I may still retrack some things and make a serious effort at some point. I think it could be pretty cool... Thank you so much for the compliments man! I really appreciate it!
2018/09/13 00:19:57
Freddy J
You were indeed rather modest in description.  This is doggone good (if I may be modest in my compliment).  You do have a good voice for rock of this style.  Nice one!
2018/09/13 14:57:05
Leadfoot
Thank you for listening Freddy! I just didn't want anyone to think that I thought it was finished or anything. Plus, I tend to talk down about myself anyway. :) I'm glad you liked it, and I appreciate the kind words!
2018/09/16 19:19:28
Beagle
Bob - this is GREAT!  epic!
2018/09/17 12:43:16
Leadfoot
Hey Reece! Thanks man! I'm glad you liked it!
2018/09/17 14:50:29
cwestmont
You nailed it -- the crunchy guitars fit the song extremely well and add a great departure from the original.  The vocal is right on.  This song would get people to stand up and rock out played live.

I hear what you mean about some of the mix -- some of the echoing backing tracks are a little low, for example.  The cover is so good, you might want to take the extra time and polish the mix.  I'd be willing to give it a shot if you want to send me the stems.  My email is budwestmont at gmail, if you want to pursue it.

In any case, thanks for sharing!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account