2018/10/05 01:21:49
Primetime
Is anyone using faderport 16 with cakewalk? If so what are the pros and cons...
Thanks...
2018/10/05 10:16:57
fireberd
There have been some threads and discussions here about the other Faderport models.  They probably apply to the 16 channel model, too.

2018/10/05 21:20:48
Primetime
thank you!!

2018/10/06 09:33:52
robert_e_bone
I have the FaderPort 16, and it works nicely in Sonar or Cakewalk by Bandlab.

In the owner's manual, it describes the setup for use in Sonar/Cakewalk.  There are only a handful of things to do to get it to map faders and transport control and such, to the appropriate functions in Sonar/Cakewalk.

I use it every day, and am pretty happy with it.

Bob Bone

2018/10/06 14:37:26
Primetime
Thank you Bob....
2018/10/09 15:30:20
kzmaier
Wish it had a continuous controller for gain as well.
2018/10/09 18:35:03
Jeff Evans
Does Link mode work in other DAW's the same way it does in Studio One.  The encoder top left takes over any parameter the mouse hovers over in Studio One.  Such as channel faders.  Or gain adjustments.  It's is also stepped and can make fine adjustments.  You don't have to click on the parameter either.  It is a nice way to adjust plugin parameters too.  The larger encoder on the right can control master volume when that mode is engaged.

There is a mode where the fader flips to controlling pan and the encoder controls volume. These may be the deeper Studio Integration features. It is made for Studio One trust me on that.  It is super powerful working in Studio One mode.  I have the new Faderport 2018 single fader version and Faderport 8 working together.  In this mode they are powerful together. 

Future firmware updates will ensure it gets new features added to its already extensive feature set.
ATOM is coming and it is going to be amazing controlling not only Impact XT but a lot of Studio One at the same time. ATOM will have all the other operating modes similar to Faderport series. 
2018/10/10 13:10:24
Mosvalve
I use my Faderport 8 with Studio One and am loving it. At some point I may get the 16. The only thing that bugs me is it displays disabled and hiden tracks. I don't want to see those tracks on the Faderport.
2018/10/10 22:31:39
rj davis
Mosvalve
I use my Faderport 8 with Studio One and am loving it. At some point I may get the 16. The only thing that bugs me is it displays disabled and hiden tracks. I don't want to see those tracks on the Faderport.

This behavior carries over to Studio One and the Mackie MCU Pro:  Hidden tracks are always displayed on the mixer, and are always to the left of any bus track.  Just a weird bug that should have been corrected long ago...
2018/10/11 03:46:13
Jeff Evans
I don't see it that way. I think it is cool that all tracks are displayed.  If they weren't then its possible to not know they are there simply because they will be nowhere to be seen then.  At least on Faderport you will always know they are there.  It can be handy to be able to select, mute etc and still alter their levels and panning etc if you are in fact still hearing them.

In bank mode whipping through banks is fast and easy. 

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account