2018/10/07 20:54:09
vitalker
Hello gals and guys!

Something is going wrong and z3ta+ (the first one) VSTi plugin can't be even initialized by Reaper (it looks like z3ta_.dll=007B74E91075C701 in reaper-vstplugins64.ini file) and Cakewalk. Reinstalling didn't help and I really don't know how to make it work again. Did anyone notice the same issue? By the way, I got the license key from a giveaway in 2016.
Standalone version (z3ta+.exe) also doesn't run.

What can be the reason?
2018/10/08 00:55:00
Fog
try installing it again. but when you run it, do "run as admin" with a right click, instead of a left click on the icon.

also run ccleaner, registry tab.. see if you have any issues / fix them. rescan... fix

2018/10/08 06:54:29
vitalker
Fog
try installing it again. but when you run it, do "run as admin" with a right click, instead of a left click on the icon.

also run ccleaner, registry tab.. see if you have any issues / fix them. rescan... fix

I've already installed it again, run with admin, uninstalled with a special software and removed registry entries both automatically and manually. Nothing helped.
Do you think VSTi can't run because of some broken entry in registry?
2018/10/08 11:22:47
scook
IDK, maybe an issue addressed in the last update http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/20070320/Z3TA-1-5-3-Update

2018/10/08 11:54:20
azslow3
vitalker

Do you get any errors, blank window or just absolute silence?
Also please write Windows version you use, with build and locale. Think about the changes your system had between the time it worked fine and now (f.e. major update for Win10, locale change, home migration, File system format change, etc.)
2018/10/08 16:52:51
vitalker
scook
IDK, maybe an issue addressed in the last update

Sorry, I don't get it. What is the issue?
2018/10/08 16:58:14
vitalker
azslow3
vitalker

Do you get any errors, blank window or just absolute silence?
Also please write Windows version you use, with build and locale. Think about the changes your system had between the time it worked fine and now (f.e. major update for Win10, locale change, home migration, File system format change, etc.)

Absolute silence, no running process at all. I don't think there is something wrong with my system, cause it worked before. I use Win10 Pro 15063.850 build(1703), Russian locale. I completely disabled updates, so it can't be that for sure. Never changed locale. I've already written some other details for you on Cockos forum.
Well, I've just installed some software, but the uninstalled it and got no success.
2018/10/08 18:36:19
azslow3
vitalker
Absolute silence, no running process at all.

Have you tried from the command like? I do not think it print something, but it is easy to try...

We are close to hardcore debugging (special VST loader with diagnostic printout, process monitoring, etc...)... still hope we can avoid that
2018/10/08 19:36:53
vitalker
azslow3
Have you tried from the command like? I do not think it print something, but it is easy to try...

We are close to hardcore debugging (special VST loader with diagnostic printout, process monitoring, etc...)... still hope we can avoid that

Nothing happens. Yeah, we are hackers.
2018/10/09 13:02:30
azslow3
vitalker
azslow3

Nothing happens. Yeah, we are hackers.

Well, I have traced it in hope to find some specific files  (DLLs) it tries to use. No joy.

I have moved the whole resource folder, exe still starts producing meaningful errors.

So, it seems like something on your system block it.
a) which antivirus you use? have you tried to run with it disabled?
b) get https://github.com/lucasg/Dependencies , open DLL in it and check for any anomalies. Make a screenshot of it.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account