2018/10/09 14:05:05
vitalker
azslow3
So, it seems like something on your system block it.
a) which antivirus you use? have you tried to run with it disabled?
b) get , open DLL in it and check for any anomalies. Make a screenshot of it.

a) I use NOD32, which I've also used when it worked. Yes, I have already tried to disable it and run the program. By the way, I don't need to run exe, I want VSTi work for me, nothing more.
b) I'm not sure, how an anomaly could look like, but in almost any bible there are purple blocks in PI column.

2018/10/09 14:56:43
azslow3
Well, looks good.
Can you try "regsvr32 z3ta+.dll" in the console (I thing admin rights required)?
You can then do "regsvr32 /u z3ta+.dll". Interesting what the first command will print...
2018/10/09 15:04:49
vitalker
azslow3
Well, looks good.
Can you try "regsvr32 z3ta+.dll" in the console (I thing admin rights required)?
You can then do "regsvr32 /u z3ta+.dll". Interesting what the first command will print...

Successful execution as I thought. There is something with my system, but I don't know, what exactly.
2018/10/09 18:27:16
azslow3
Hm... time to write a VST Host emulator with diagnostic, give me 1-2 days
2018/10/09 18:40:54
vitalker
azslow3
Hm... time to write a VST Host emulator with diagnostic, give me 1-2 days

Don't waste your time please! It won't help, because there is something with my system obviously, but I don't know what.

2018/10/11 11:35:47
azslow3
Ok... download this program: http://www.azslow.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=65
Run it from console (cmd), File/Open and select z3ta+.dll. What can you see in the console then?

2018/10/11 16:32:27
vitalker
azslow3
Ok... download this program: http://www.azslow.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=65
Run it from console (cmd), File/Open and select z3ta+.dll. What can you see in the console then?

07:212-VSTTEST.            VST_Load: Loading DLL...
07:216-VSTTEST.            VST_Load: DLL 'D:\Programs\Reaper\VST\z3ta+\z3ta+.dll' is loaded
07:217-VSTTEST.            VST_Load: It looks like a VST
07:218-VSTTEST.            VST_Load: Attempt to create effect instance...
07:276-VSTTEST.            VST_Load: Fail to create an instance

2018/10/12 10:11:38
azslow3
Are you sure there is nothing between last 2 lines?
There should be at least "Asked for our version" line, it is a part of Steinberg VST framework before any user code supposed to start.

It seems like Cakewalk has hacked some protection routine there. It is calling "Microsoft Enhanced Cryptographic Provider" stack. Under normal conditions, VST should proceed then. But in your case that operation fails and VST exits.

By digging deeper I will violate Cakewalk license. So, assuming you are running legal copy of z3ta+ on legal copy of Win 10, lets stay away from the gray area

Try to remember: have you run any "Windows optimizer"/"registry leaner" or manually disabled some service? Most probably corresponding windows part is not working correctly.
In any case, I recommend to plan Windows upgrade to more recent major version. That overwrites complete system stack, so it will restore whatever could be broken.

2018/10/13 09:42:20
vitalker
azslow3
Are you sure there is nothing between last 2 lines?
There should be at least "Asked for our version" line, it is a part of Steinberg VST framework before any user code supposed to start.

Try to remember: have you run any "Windows optimizer"/"registry leaner" or manually disabled some service? Most probably corresponding windows part is not working correctly.
In any case, I recommend to plan Windows upgrade to more recent major version. That overwrites complete system stack, so it will restore whatever could be broken.

I am sure. I did it again and made a screenshot.

I don't think there is something wrong with license, cause Reaper can't even initialize it.

Not at all! I don't use this kind of software. Have I disabled some service? Probably, but it was already disabled, while plugin worked.
I've heard there are some issues with new Windows 10 build.
Anyway thank you for your kind help!

2018/10/15 16:25:02
azslow3
vitalker
I don't think there is something wrong with license, cause Reaper can't even initialize it.

The plug-in think there is something wrong with license... and exit immediately
The only question is why it think so. As I have mentioned, it tries to use MS API for that. Probably the plug-in fails to initialize the API.

The API could be disturbed by many different things, including unsuccessful MS updates, bugs in particular version, etc. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account