2018/12/08 03:54:56
bitflipper
First time I ever saw Studio One was at a demonstration at NAMM. I actually won a copy in a raffle there. The presentation was done by a very excited fellow who bounced around like he'd had too much caffeine, and repeatedly stated that "I don't know much about software, but to my ear Studio One just sounds better!".

He really didn't need to add the "don't know much about software" part, as that was obvious. But to my amazement, most of the people in the audience nodded in agreement. Yes, they said, it does sound better! This in a very noisy trade show hall with sound played over a little PA system. The power of suggestion.

I am reminded of the hilarious episode of The IT Crowd where Jen breaks the internet. 

2018/12/08 14:08:11
The Maillard Reaction
2018/12/08 14:39:38
retired_account
Splat Chat O'samplemashy
Here is a question: Why do the Samplitude examples show that the signal has significant amplitude beyond 22kHz while the other two examples seem to lo pass the signal below 22.5kHz?

Looks like a higher sample rate in Samplitude. Wonder how the results would differ using Cake's up-sample feature (unless it was- didn't watch much of the video)
2018/12/08 15:05:24
The Maillard Reaction
2018/12/08 15:12:21
retired_account
Splat Chat O'samplemashy
I am familiar with the so called "Double precision" 64bit engine, which I have used since it was introduced, but I did not know that Cakewalk offered a oversampling "up-sample" option for the mix engine.

That could change everything.

Yep, 2x the project's SR & either in realtime, render or both. It doesn't work for all plugins or synths, you need to test yourself to find which ones benefit. When they do work there's a noticeable difference in quality, aliasing.
2018/12/08 16:01:25
The Maillard Reaction
2018/12/08 16:15:57
msmcleod

This enables/disables upsampling:

But you need to enable them in the plugins:

2018/12/08 16:57:56
abacab
bitflipper

I am reminded of the hilarious episode of The IT Crowd where Jen breaks the internet.

Hilarious!!!  Just added to my Netflix list.  Something to binge watch during snow days this winter...
2018/12/08 17:36:18
The Maillard Reaction
2018/12/08 19:39:58
TheSteven
abacab
bitflipper

Hilarious!!!  Just added to my Netflix list.  Something to binge watch during snow days this winter...

A bit back Netflix had the 1st 3 seasons and then dropped it.
Looks like they added it back and now have 5 seasons!
Cool... I've never seen seasons 4 & 5.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account