2018/12/13 18:22:20
LAGinz25
There is only one thing that would make me upgrade from 3-4....substantially superior sounds. 3 has some very good sounds but is kind of spotty in that regard. Syntronik, OTOH, has pretty great sounds across the board. If I felt the 4 sounds were at that level, I would upgrade.
2018/12/13 18:44:31
IK_Multimedia
LAGinz25
There is only one thing that would make me upgrade from 3-4....substantially superior sounds. 3 has some very good sounds but is kind of spotty in that regard. Syntronik, OTOH, has pretty great sounds across the board. If I felt the 4 sounds were at that level, I would upgrade.

They are.  Erik Norlander is also deeply involved in SampleTank 4 and we upped our game with our own studio and the studio and staff used to sample this time.

Personally I love the pianos, you can hear the demos at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/index.php?p=media

Tried to link directly to the one I realllly like but I assume the file extension wouldn't allow.
2018/12/13 19:41:44
IK_Multimedia
LAGinz25

They are.  Erik Norlander is also deeply involved in SampleTank 4 and we upped our game with our own studio and the studio and staff used to sample this time.

Personally I love the pianos, this is a great one https://download.ikmultim...and%20Close%20Mics.mp3

You can hear the demos at https://www.ikmultimedia..../st4/index.php?p=media
2018/12/13 19:52:09
Amicus717
I listened to the piano demos, and liked what I heard. Sounded pretty good -- definitely an upgrade on the ST3 pianos. 
2018/12/13 19:54:34
abacab
ZincTrumpet
Thanks Peter. ST4 seems to be crammed with great new features. 

The 30Gb sample set that comes with ST4 SE is almost as large as the ST3 full version (33Gb) so that a pretty good start.

The ST3 libraries will be available in the ST4 browser.  The only difference between the ST4 versions should be the amount of new samples provided in SE, standard, and MAX.

So ST4 SE appears to be the most cost effective way to get the upgrade to new interface and features.  I can see where the new browser and resizable GUI alone would be worth the price of admission for me.
2018/12/13 21:46:46
IK_Multimedia
abacab
ZincTrumpet
Thanks Peter. ST4 seems to be crammed with great new features. 

The 30Gb sample set that comes with ST4 SE is almost as large as the ST3 full version (33Gb) so that a pretty good start.

The ST3 libraries will be available in the ST4 browser.  The only difference between the ST4 versions should be the amount of new samples provided in SE, standard, and MAX.

So ST4 SE appears to be the most cost effective way to get the upgrade to new interface and features.  I can see where the new browser and resizable GUI alone would be worth the price of admission for me.

If you have ST3 installed, yes you will be able to point SampleTank 4 to that location to use those libraries (including imported legacy libraries, as that's the way you'll need to do so in those cases as they don't import directly into ST4).
2018/12/13 22:28:17
jude77
bitflipper
Really trying hard not to be prejudiced by my disappointment with ST3. I am, after all, an optimist by nature - then again, that's how I got tricked into buying ST3 in the first place.

HAHAHAHA!!  Funniest quote of the week award.
2018/12/14 01:23:50
abacab
IK_Multimedia

If you have ST3 installed, yes you will be able to point SampleTank 4 to that location to use those libraries (including imported legacy libraries, as that's the way you'll need to do so in those cases as they don't import directly into ST4).

So will the ST4 browser functionality be limited if you are using ST3 libraries?
2018/12/14 02:57:58
Fleer
jude77
bitflipper
Really trying hard not to be prejudiced by my disappointment with ST3. I am, after all, an optimist by nature - then again, that's how I got tricked into buying ST3 in the first place.

HAHAHAHA!!  Funniest quote of the week award.

^^^ This.
2018/12/14 02:59:59
Fleer
Good to know Erik Norlander (of Andromeda and Syntronik fame) was involved.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account