2018/12/15 15:59:22
IK_Multimedia
ZincTrumpet
You've convinced me already! What are the timescales for the release by the way? I keep checking my account :)

Right now we have early 2019 set for the release time but I'll share any more specific information about the release as I have it.  Thanks for pre-ordering and checking your account, I'll have to convince someone to drop something old or odd in there to see if you notice from checking that frequently j/k ;)
2018/12/15 18:27:45
Soundwise
IK_Multimedia
Soundwise
IK_Multimedia
Once you try it, I'll bet a lot of those "won't" entries will turn into "does"... The quality of these sounds is a HUGE leap and is going to be a surprise to many based on the assumptions I'm seeing floating around a couple of forums.

It's a bit tricky to try a 250GB library for an ordinary user, don't you think? What will the demo contain? How many full instruments, that is, with all samples and articulations, will be in the SE version?

In the cases where users don't have the MAX library when available, and for those that want more information and examples during the pre-order period there will definitely be more videos and audio demos coming.

There are over 30 GB of samples and 2,000 sounds in SampleTank 4 SE https://www.ikmultimedia....4/index.php?p=versions

The request for more precise lists of sounds (more than the categories and descriptions you can see on the "Sounds" subpage) has definitely been made.  I'll let folks know about that as I have any news.  Thanks!

Thanks for the info, Peter!
I think, if IK plans to release a demo for ST4, it's best to include 2 or 3 instruments from different versions: a legacy, a light version with a reduced set of samples/articulation and a full version. For example, a bass from ST3, ST4 SE and ST4 Max, and a few more instruments, like flute or a drumset.
This way any user will be able to decide which version is right for him/her.
2018/12/15 18:32:19
ZincTrumpet
IK_Multimedia
ZincTrumpet
You've convinced me already! What are the timescales for the release by the way? I keep checking my account :)

Right now we have early 2019 set for the release time but I'll share any more specific information about the release as I have it.  Thanks for pre-ordering and checking your account, I'll have to convince someone to drop something old or odd in there to see if you notice from checking that frequently j/k ;)

Lol, thanks Peter (anyway I already have plenty of old or odd stuff ;)
2018/12/15 21:24:49
Fleer
Thanks for following up, Peter, you make ‘em proud!
2018/12/16 17:08:19
BassDaddy
Grem
Well I made the plunge. Now I gotta install that 1TB SSD I got sitting on the desk.

A purchase you just can't regret
2018/12/16 18:54:45
Fleer
Evah!
2018/12/16 23:55:00
fret_man
The Max upgrade is $140.99 w/max Jam Pts.
2018/12/17 10:47:09
Grem
fret_man
The upgrade is $140.99 w/max Jam Pts.

I didn't have enough JP to get it that low. I was able to get it for $152. Which I thought was a good deal considering it was the MAX deal.
2018/12/17 17:31:12
LAGinz25
Will ST4 have the ability to convert and use ST2 files, the way ST3 does?
2018/12/17 20:02:05
Fleer
Come to think of it, still have to test drive my Sonik Synth.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account