• SONAR
  • New Update Messed up Breverb
2018/12/13 14:12:29
a6strng
After installing the new update every track in my catalog that used Breverb has now gone to a fizzy distorted sound. Turning off the effect solved it, but I would have to replace it with another reverb. Not cool. I was one who took the offer from Overloud to have it permanently. Any suggestions on how to get things back to normal?
2018/12/13 14:17:03
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
a6strng
After installing the new update every track in my catalog that used Breverb has now gone to a fizzy distorted sound. Turning off the effect solved it, but I would have to replace it with another reverb. Not cool. I was one who took the offer from Overloud to have it permanently. Any suggestions on how to get things back to normal?

If you re-engage BREVERB is it still distorted? Is it distorted if you insert it in a new track/project? What sample rate is the project you're working at?
2018/12/13 14:32:19
a6strng
I re installed it from the offer codes from Overloud. It probably won't be the updated version, but now it's ok. When I did re-engage it still happened. Didn't try insert in a new track. Sample rate is 44100. 
2018/12/13 15:35:12
romandesign
I updated yesterday and have a horrible distortion on all my projects. Sounds like severe overload. But VU meters are fine. I do use BREVERB but I haven't identified it as the culprit. Does the distortion stop if you disable BREVERB? I will try later. It did disappear when I clicked the button to bypass all effects. My projects are 44100 kHz 24-bit, I use Windows 10 (latest update) and TASCAM 16x08 with latest stock ASIO drivers.
2018/12/13 15:47:37
burgerproduction
Looks like I'll be holding off from updating as I use Breverb alot. 
2018/12/13 16:37:08
JonD
a6strng
... I was one who took the offer from Overloud to have it permanently. Any suggestions on how to get things back to normal?

So you have the full version installed... Did you try a reset/rescan of your VST folder?
2018/12/13 18:52:43
abacab
JonD
a6strng
... I was one who took the offer from Overloud to have it permanently. Any suggestions on how to get things back to normal?

So you have the full version installed... Did you try a reset/rescan of your VST folder?

There are actually 4 versions of Breverb now:

The full paid version.
The original locked Cakewalk Sonar special edition.
The permanently unlocked version of the Cakewalk Sonar special edition (limited time offer from Overloud in 2017).
The updated locked version of the Cakewalk special edition included in the latest Cakewalk by BandLab update.
2018/12/13 20:36:43
TEZ
abacab

There are actually 4 versions of Breverb now:

The full paid version.
The original locked Cakewalk Sonar special edition.
The permanently unlocked version of the Cakewalk Sonar special edition (limited time offer from Overloud in 2017).
The updated locked version of the Cakewalk special edition included in the latest Cakewalk by BandLab update.

Do all these versions have the same dll name? And if so, overwrite the existing version in ...\Cakewalk\VstPlugins shared by Splat [2017.10] 64 bit? I assume that Splat 32 bit is unaffected...
2018/12/13 23:36:50
fitzj
I have updated to the latest version of bandlab and I also availed of the latest version of  Breverb2 and no issues except starting up. The UI is very slow. Its supposed to be faster but on my Pc its slower.
Breverb is still continuing the special offer they made to cakewalk users to get the unlocked version with the full upgrade at $99 DOLLARS. 
2018/12/14 01:11:42
abacab
fitzj

Breverb is still continuing the special offer they made to cakewalk users to get the unlocked version with the full upgrade at $99 DOLLARS. 

That is a different offer than the one-time FREE deal they offered to existing Sonar users to unlock the Cakewalk edition.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account